Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pain vs Paint...pain wins

OUCH! Seriously, OUCH! Starting Saturday I have been stricken with the terrible pain from my Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction. Saturday I ended up having two attacks. They were not so bad because I, for the most part, was able to get ahead of them and keep them in check. The problem is....getting ahead of them requires me to take pain medication and that jacks me up so bad that I am unfunctional. Sunday I had another bad attack and was very sick with it as well. THEN Monday night rolls around and I was already sore from the attack on Sunday and this one hit me full force. Typically I am just in tremendous pain and vomiting from the amount of pain I am in, but this night I was reduced to tears and screams. I have never yelled out in pain like that before. It was terrible. I hurt so bad that I literally said my goodbyes to Larry and Bayleigh. I was sure that I was not waking up from this one. I had to take 2 1/2 pain pills, (2 makes me 110% loopy, like so relaxed I struggle to breathe), The 2 1/2 pain pills simply made it so that I passed out. I still woke Tuesday morning vomiting right away. Not to give you too much information, but I don't think I was supposed to be vomiting what I believe I was vomiting up. I was a complete mess. I was unable to keep anything down since Monday after lunch and I was so sore. The thing with the pancreas is that it is a large organ, so getting comfortable in any position is dang near impossible.

It hurts on the front on my left hand side. It hurts across my back and into my shoulder blades, and laying on my sides is completely out of the question. Standing...well, you try standing when you are jacked up on pills. It sucks all the way around. Here it is Wednesday afternoon and I am finally feeling some better. I still have pain on my left side and I still can't take deep breaths, but I am actually able to get up and move around. AND!!!! I have kept my lunch down.
I owe my mom a huge apology because I know I was short with her, but it was just because I hurt beyond words. She helped me with dinners and even came over and gave Bayleigh a bath last night too. Larry's dad has been really crappy to me and I am assuming that maybe I was crappy with him too, but I am not sure. I guess I should apologize to him as well.
I guess the best way to describe the pain in my pancreas is to imagine blowing up a balloon, you know the second before you puff the last bit of air into the balloon and it pops really loud in your face??? That's what I would imagine it feels like. You know that the pancreas it on it's last bit of space. Everything is tight. Every movement kills you because it is stretched to the max. The other organs hurt to work too. Hence the lungs and pain breathing. NOW, this could be 100% untrue and that might not be what is going on, but that is what it feels like is going on. I do know that the bile from the pancreas and gallbladder are getting backed up into the pancreas causing the attacks, so knowing that is what gives me my visual of my pain. I meet with the surgeon on the 26th and I am ready. It took this man 2 months to even call me to schedule this appointment and then he scheduled it out 2 months after that call. I am certainly not the b word when I go place and I really am a nice person, but let me just tell you. I AM calling the shots on this one and he IS NOT waiting 2 more months before something is done. I cannot handle this any longer. My other thought on Monday night was just that the Sphincter of Oddi just quit working all together. IDK, My guess is that that is wrong considering I am feeling better today. I just want to be fixed. Larry wanted me to go the the E.R. on Monday night and to be honest, I should have, but I have a friend on facebook that works in the E.R. and he complains so much about the job--careful not to infringe on hippa, but still, comments are made and people are made fun of and I am not comforable going there. If that person would either quit or get fired then I wouldn't be so hesitant to go. I'd say quit because clearly this person is not happy with their job. Whatev...I knew that I would not be able to ride in a car any further than Shelbyville either, so I didn't go.
SO VS the PAINT:
The paint sucks. With me being as sick as I was the only part of working in the family room that I was able to do was stipping wallpaper and spackling some nail holes. Larry and his dad, and I believe my mom painted Monday and Tuesday night. I am thankful they were able to help. Larry and I are hitting clean mode tonight and getting the mess cleaned up for the appointment tomorrow. I won't be able to help him move the furniture so I might call his brother later and see if he can help. We have a couple friends we can call too. IDK who I'll call. Neither Larry or I like the color. It is too, "peachy" for our liking, but it will have to do. Plus, we used Satin paint this time and we both hate it so we will be using flat again. Then, the ceiling bled through the primer and paint and it looks bad, but we are going to hire someone to texture the ceilings anyways so we don't really care at this point. It must be put back together before tomorrow morning, so that is what will be done.
So, this is what has been going on here. Lots of stress. Lots of pain. Lots of just a really bad weekend. Hopefully things will start to get better and my next blog will be a lot better than this mess. ;)
Until next time.
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment