Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Candi's Birthday

This past Friday, August 13th would have been my friend Candi Crouch's birthday. It was a sad day, but a happy sad. My day started off like this....Larry sets his alarm each night and tests it to make sure it's loud enough. I mean it is SCREAMING LOUD! This funniest thing is.....I NEVER hear it in the morning. I always sleep right through it. Well Friday, my alarm went off and as I was getting ready to hit snooze I heard something that caused me to wake up a little more than I would have had I not heard it. It was Larry's alarm playing music, but not just any music--it was playing Strawberry Fields Forever by the Beatles--Candi's LOVE! I found myself crying laying there thinking about her. The strangest thing about it, when I told Larry what happened, he swore to me he turn his alarm off, which he typically does every morning AND, it wasn't loud like it is to wake him up. It was as quiet as the voice on the other end of a phone conversation. Then later in the afternoon I got a text message from a status update from Twitter. I NEVER read them, just "x" out of them when they pop up because they happen so often and to be honest--I could care less. I just don't know how to stop them. The Twitter update was from a Hailey Glassman (I think that's how you spell her name), she's the girl that date Jon Gosselin from Jon and Kate +8, her status update said, "The Beatles got it right, Let it Be". It pretty much sent cold chills down my back. I don't think these were things that "just" happened. I believe in my heart that it is Candi telling me she OK. I mean picture her walking through Strawberry Fields--That's such a beautiful, peaceful thought.
I miss Candi greatly. I started watching Colin when he was 3 months old, he's now almost 7. I grew up with Danny my whole school career as well. Over this time she and I had become very close. She was my friend that would come and sit and visit every evening. I miss our talks. I miss not being able to pick up the phone and talk to her about just anything random. She was a good person. Maybe she's up there rockin' out with John Lennon. :) I know that no matter who she's hanging out with, God is taking care of her.
R.I.P. Candi
I love and miss you so much!
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment