Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

To Nap Or To Not Nap: That is the REAL Issue

So, We are officially through the first half of the first full week of Kindergarten and let me just say....it sucks! Well, that is over exaggerated slightly so let me explain. Bayleigh LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Kindergarten. She LOVES Mrs. Dalley. She LOVES the work. She LOVES it all. Her papers that she has brought home so far are all WONDERFUL. She is doing great. Our problem is that the biggest reason Bayleigh would not do well in Full day Kindergarten is that she is a napper. She NEEDS her sleep. If she doesn't get a nap, our evenings flow down the drain as quickly as Niagra Falls falls! SERIOUSLY! She is a melting puddle of emotions by 5 or 6 in the evening. I feel like I am constantly on her case and getting easily frustrated with her sassiness and her emotional break downs. SO, her little friend from school has been coming home with her each day and so therefore, no naps. I am SO torn as to what to do. I feel like I shouldn't make her lay down because her friend is here and she doesn't take naps, but then I feel like each of us are robbed of our evenings when she doesn't nap. AND, I think to myself...Next year is all day, so she is going to have to get used to no naps at some point so why not start now????? I simpily just DO NOT know what the right decision is here. I am hoping that in a few weeks we can figure all of this out and get some sort of routine in place that works for all of us. Hey, one can hope right?!
On the plus side, Bayleigh has really been working on reading. She is great this summer, but now she is really doing well. Kim let us borrow her Hooked on Phonics set and below are a couple of pictures of Bayleigh reading one of the books to Trent this morning. They both loved it.



Also, tonight me and two friends went to Starbucks and just spent mommy time away for a little bit. When I came home Larry was fixing milkshakes for the two of them and I thought that was just so sweet. Below is a picture of them enjoying their shakes. :) <3 My LOVES!

Until next time friends!!!
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment