Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kindergarten Open House

Tonight was a traditional night that is very exciting for the kids and very sad for the mommies because it is just proof to be photographed of our most precious loved ones growing up even more. Tonight was the Open House at Waldron Elementary. We were able to take the kids in to meet the teachers and drop off supplies. We also signed up for room parents and filled out information as to who could pick the kids up and all that good stuff. Bayleigh did a great job. As Larry and I deposited the supplied into the appropriate boxes and filled out the various forms she played under the huge play thingy for lack of a better word and when it was time to move on to Mrs. Linder's class for Colin she promptly put all the toys away even the ones she didn't get out.
Bayleigh was a peer model in the preschool at Waldron for the past 2 years as you already know. The first year Colin was in her class and then the second year he moved onto Kindergarten, but we have always gone to the Open House together. Each year we have taken the kids pictures together in front of the sign in the school font yard. I have included these pictures in this blog. Enjoy. :)

I have this same picture each year as well. :)





This year Bayleigh will start Kindergarten with a black eye. :( She was bitten by a mosquito right on the underneath of her eye. When she gets bitten she swells up and the bites are huge. I guess it's better it happens for the first day vs happening on picture day. :)
I know that Bayleigh will do wonderful tomorrow. Now, I just have to hold it together. I'll keep you posted on how I do. :) Until tomorrow.
Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I dream of becoming a Kindergarten teacher. These kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I wish you much luck in reaching your dreams. Kindergarten teachers lay the foundations for the rest of the school years. They are very special people. :)

    ReplyDelete