Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving & Weekend After

Thanksgiving came and was the typical Thanksgiving. The Burris Family was late as always LOL--hey, the way I look at it--it's sort of become a tradition. LOL! We ate, we tore into our Black Friday fliers, and then we were quickly exhausted from the turkey. :) The company was great. My mom, Larry's dad, Uncle Danny, Steve, Kim, Whitney, Kaitlynn, Chuck, Cruz, and Katie all came over for dinner.
It was really hard to get into the spirit and "jolliness" of Thanksgiving knowing that I single handedly ruined this Thanksgiving and every single holiday to follow for my mother. Most of you already know that I have made the choice to not have a relationship with my sister. Please don't ask. And please don't leave comments of How could you? Life's Too Short. Please don't leave comments in support of my decision and or not in support of my decision, because even though I feel it is what is best for me at this time, the loss of anyone by choice is not necessarily a good thing. It's just what is right for me. I already know all of this and I still stand by my decision. The ONLY part of this choice that bothers me is that I have ripped my moms family apart. That's not something I am proud of and believe me, I know my mom is not happy with my choice. For that I am sorry.
I do have to say though that our Thanksgiving Day was a good one. I think we all enjoyed each others company and differences were set aside to enjoy the day. For that I am very thankful.
BLACK FRIDAY! After eating dinner we tore out our newspapers and started searching for the best Black Friday deals so that some Christmas shopping could be knocked out of the way. I think I, of course, "needed" to go to the most stores for my gift ideas. Wal-Mart is always our first stop. They changed things up a bit and started some sales at 12:01AM. I don't think I am a fan of this new change. Bayleigh and I always go to Kim's house and catch a couple hours sleep before heading to Wal-Mart in the wee hours of the morning. Not this year with the changes though. Bayleigh and I got to Kim's house and due to a terrible miscommunication between the two of us we spent the next hour and a half in the truck waiting for her to arrive at home. OOOPS! No worries though. Once she got there we changed our clothes and headed into town with no sleep--Not a first for Kim and I! LOL! I know I personally was able to get everything I went to get and then some. I would call that a success. :) I had a lady yell at me in the Target line to take my "baby" home. Let me just set the record straight here...First, My 6 year old is NOT a baby to ANYONE but ME! Second, My 6 year old has NEVER missed a Black Friday shopping experience since she has been in this world--yes, she was 2 weeks old her first shopping trip. and Third, if you are a stranger--DO NOT yell at me and tell me how to parent MY child because I will clearly yell back at you what I think. :) Thanks! (If you can't tell, that small section of my morning did not go over well with a sleep deprived momma)

This is Bayleigh in the mall running on no sleep. She was such a trooper! She did mention to my mom that she does not like Black Friday shopping. LOL! (To be 100% honest, Bayleigh doesn't like shopping anyways).
Saturday morning Larry, Bayleigh, and I loaded up and headed south to meet our two different friends new babies both born within 1 week of each other. It is so funny to see them and hold them knowing that Bayleigh was even smaller than them at one point in her life. It just doesn't seem possible. Both mommies are doing wonderfully and both babies are cute as ever!!!

First came Drew's house. Meet Nolan--I think he looks like his daddy. You can see the pride on Stacia and Drew's faces when they look at him and talk about him. Congrats to you both!

Next came going down the road to Drew's sister's house to meet her new baby. Jennifer was still a little sore. I can't blame her--she didn't even get to come home from the hospital until Thanksgiving day.


Meet Baby Ethan (TINY), and this is his big brother Benjamin. He is such a cutie as well. I of course got the honor of bringing Ben a sucker--Goob always did the same for Bayleigh when she was little too. :) He LOVED it!!! I did give him his bath after getting him all sticky--I'm not that mean. :)

Today, we used our last day of our weekend to get our Christmas tree put up. It was fun--and glittery!
This is Bayleigh putting her 2010 ornament on the tree in the perfect place! CUTE!



This is a close up of the 2010 ornament!

And this is our finished product all lit up at night! :) We are officially ready for Christmas!

As you can see from this blog we have had a very busy last four days, but many memories were made and that is what the holidays are all about! I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving as well! Thanks for checking in!

Love,

Jenn
**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment