Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

And So it Begins!

Hello fellow readers! Not too much has been going on in the Rutherford home. The weekend was very relaxing and quiet.
Larry took off Saturday morning for a hunting trip with our cousin Steve. He unfortunatly didn't bring home the goods. He did see a buck, but it was too far away. He got a shot on a doe and thought for sure he hit it and after climbing down to find it he realized he hit a branch and missed. :( I know that is so frustrating for him. They stayed the night in a hotel so that they didn't have to get up so early, so it was just me and Bayleigh Boo. Bayleigh and I went to lunch with Kim and Kaitlynn, (Steve's wife and daughter). It was a good lunch, but Bayleigh's stomach ended up hurting and she felt sick so we skipped the original plan to shop. I think she just needed to go potty a couple of times because after doing so she was feeling better. Later that night we went back to town to get dog food and then came back and headed to bed.
Sunday, Bayleigh woke and wanted to spend the day with Grammy so she went over there. I stayed home and worked on knitting. Yes, you read that right--knitting. I thought myself by watching a YouTube video. It is relaxing and easier than I thought. :)
Tonight I have dinner with 3 of my incredibly wonderful girlfriends. They really are the SUPER BEST and I am so excited for the night out. OK, I say night, but it's more like a couple hours, but still...I am excited.
Tomorrow night I have to work late, so not much getting done tomorrow.
Wednesday night we will be preparing for our Thanksgiving dinner we will host. CAN'T WAIT! Then of course you have Thanksgiving followed by BLACK FRIDAY! I LOVE it!!!!
Just saying the word Thanksgiving makes me reflect on all that I am so thankful for. First and foremost I am thankful for God. He has become one of our very best friends. He loves us unconditionally. He is giving and forgiving all at the same time. He is the best listener any person could ask for. He is our protector and our guidance and without him we would all be nothing. God is Good. I am also SO very thankful for...
1. Larry and Bayleigh--they are simply the best.
2. My mom and Larry's dad--they are so wonderful, loving, and giving!
3. The rest of my family.
4. All of my terrific friends. I say my, but I should have said our--our terrific friends. We are blessed to have so many. :) We truly are blessed.
5. Our Health.--This has been a rough year, but luckily God has guided me into the right surgeons hands and I am doing absolutely wonderful. Larry and Bayleigh are healthy as well and for that I am thankful.
6. Our Home--it is so comforting to know I have a place to call home. A warm, dry roof over our heads. So many people have lost this comfort with the economy taking a nose dive. It is so sad.
7. Christmas music!--Last night I felt the holiday spirit creeping in on my a little earlier than expected. I downloaded several Christmas songs to my phone and in the process had to restrain myself from busting out a tune, so that Larry and Bayleigh could sleep. LOL!
8. Our Jobs!--We are very lucky to still be working. So many people out there would give anything to find a job, but they are so few, far, and in between. I know Larry really loves his job and the people he works for and with. They honestly have been wonderful to our family. And my families are so great! I LOVE my babies with all of my heart. And yes, I know Colin will be 7 in March, but he will always be my baby. ;) I miss my Macy. I miss my Lucus. I miss my Maddie. I miss my Destiny, Damon, and Kolton. It is sad when they grow up and move on. I just got to see Miss Macy at Bayleigh's party! That was fun. My Lucus went to school with Bayleigh, but has now moved away. :( I need to call Heather and Amanda and check in on Miss Maddie and Destiny, Damon, and Kolton. It's hard to believe those 3 are growing SO fast. They started it all. I miss them so much! I do get to keep up with My Miss Maddie on Facebook, but it's not the same. I find it amazing how such tiny being grip your heart so tightly. Awwwww! I love my babies. :)
9. Cameras and Photographs.--What a remarkable invention to document such wonderful memories we make. I love to look at a photo and reflect on what was going on when it was taken. It makes my heart smile. :)
10. LIFE--I am thankful for my blessed life! Every last drop of it. Life is GOOD! :)

I hope after reading this you take the time to reflect on what you are thankful for. I know at times things can seem so very difficult, but think about all of the little things that add up so quickly. :) If I don't get the chance to blog again before Thanksgiving, I hope your holiday is spectacular!
Thank you for reading and checking in with us yet again!
Much Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment