Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What's Important...

This morning, 1.30.13, we were woken up by our town's tornado sirens blaring! We knew going to bed that it was to be a stormy night.
I turned on the TV to see if it was our end of the county that needed to be warned and it certainly was!
Larry told me not to wake Bayleigh and I questioned if he was just going to carry her down and he said yes, but he was not as concerned as I was so I went on a head and woke her. I handed her some shoes and told her to go to the living room and then I went back to my room to grab a flashlight for her in the event that we lost power.
She was only near the bottom of the steps as I headed down and then we met in the living room. I saw she was sitting there with her shoes on and her arms full of stuffed animals and when I looked at her puzzled she said, mommy, I grabbed these 3 stuffed animals because they are important--papa Reynolds gave them to me. You might ask what's so important about that? Well, today would have been papa's 92nd birthday! Without knowing the significance of the date she took it upon herself to grab those 3 stuffed animals with that exact reasoning. I'm pretty sure we know who's spirit was behind that!
We love you papa and miss you everyday! Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment