Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Swim Party and Bare Walls!

WOW-WEEEE! Momma's TIRED! (I'll get to that in a minute though).
Last night, Monday July 26th, 2010 the Waldron Home Health and Rehab rented out the Shelbyville pool for Bayleigh's little league team in honor of their successful season. I was so angry with myself because...I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!! What is wrong with me?! Really???? I guess I can really look at it as a blessing. I found myself playing with Bayleigh in the pool rather than standing on the sidelines behind a gigantic lens. :) Bayleigh really impressed me. She really has a great desire to learn to swim and she was jumping in and doing a mean doggie paddle to get to me. I was really proud of her.
SO, onto the tired part....Larry has been working on the house. He hung dry wall in the small hallway and got the top part of the stairs painted. Needless to say, the drywall caused a huge mess that is never ending I swear. SOOOOOO, I get the bright idea that since there is drywall dust already on the floors--we should tear into the family room. ((Not a great idea)). What a mess! The walls are not really that bad. There are a couple spots that will require new drywall and for the most part the wall paper came off fairly easy. The hard part is going to be the ceiling...dun, dun, duhhhhhhh. (Me being dramatic). It has wallpaper on it and part of it fell down so it looks really bad. I say I dread it, but I know that ultimatly it's going to be Larry doing that part. :( I would like to have the ceilings textured in there and believe it or not--I can do that. NOW, whether Larry lets me or not is a different story. I know the work is tiring. I know it is hard and messy, but the end results are always so rewarding. We have a few touch ups to do in the first living room and those will be done when the this room is finished. We just have to get it done before the end of this week or the end of next week. I am hoping for the end of next, but who knows. When it gets done, it gets done and I am sure I will be very happy! ") So, this is what we have been up to so far this week. I am adding a picture that I took of Bayleigh before the swim party from my cell phone so the quality is crap, but a blog is always better with a photo...right???

Thanks for checking! Keep checking for updates on the family room!
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment