Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let Freedom Ring!

The title of this blog post is exactly what my heart is singing after such a WONDERFUL day with my family and friends yesterday! Larry and I decided that since Waldron has brought their 4th of July celebrations back after many years of not doing them, yesterday, July 10th, 2010 would be the perfect opportunity to get our family and friends over here for a pitch in cookout, parade, and fireworks! Anyone that knows anything about Waldron knows that this town used to be, and in my opinion will be again, THE place to be in Shelby County for the 4th of July. The activities started at 8 AM. Mom and I had to get up and go to the grocery store and pick up a couple last minute items. Lunch was to be at Noon. Larry stayed home and cooked our turkey for the turkey BBQ--which happened to be SOOOO good! All of the food was great and what screams 4th of July more than grilled burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, cole slaw (which I completely forgot to set out), mac and cheese, green beans, tiny sausages, deserts--including apple pie, and more????! NOTHING! :)
The kids enjoyed the two kiddie pools and the bouncy house. We also had corn hole, yards darts, dice, and Euchre. At 2 the town parade started and I must say it did NOT disappoint! Well, I am not going to lie--I was just a little disappointed that Bayleigh's Little League team was not in it. It looked like the teams that were had a TON of fun. Don't be mislead, by this disappointment--Bayleigh had just as great a time collecting candy with Penelope and Elliot so it's all good.
After the parade we all walked back to the house and then spent the rest of the afternoon playing games, talking, going to and from the schools flea markets, and all that good stuff. Speaking of flea markets--I ran into my friend Courtney--who have missed greatly, and she and her beautiful new daughter Jenna walked back with Kim, Whitney, Kaitlynn, Jordan (my sister's boyfriends son), and myself. I am so happy to have spent some time with them too. I also got to see my other two friends Jennifer and Jennifer and their families as well. I wish I could have hung out with them longer, but I'm sure we will get together soon. :)
Around 9 PM we all decided it was about time to head to the school for the much anticipated fireworks show! My uncle Rick loaded his pick up truck with the kids and some of the adults as well. Another good handful of us walked up and met them there. Some of us sat up by the middle diamond and had the perfect view of the show! While we waited my mom and cousin Kelly let the kids play with sparklers--Bayleigh's favorite part of the night--and also these little popper things they threw on the ground and loved too. I was pleasantly surprised earlier in the evening to see my cousin Madison and Kelly in the garage. I think that Maddie really had a great time with Bayleigh and Penelope and I know Bayleigh really enjoyed her being here as well. They are all 3 great kids! Growing up it was often Jessica, Nikki (Penelope's mom), and myself playing and in the pictures of us as kids there is a lot of blonde hair between the 3 of us. Well, last night it was Bayleigh, Penelope, and Maddie--Lot's of blonde hair between the three of them. :) Colin, Cate, and Trent certainly had a BLAST with those 3 blonde babes too! :)

Ok, Ok, Ok, so I've done a lot of talking and everyone knows the photos are the BEST part of anyblog, so for now I will end. But before I go--I would like to send out a big Happy Birthday to Larry's friend Dennis. He celebrated his birthday with us here yesterday as well! :) (his actual birthday was yesterday, but it's worth mentioning again today). I was happy that Dennis, Julie, and Joe came out too! :) Until next time!
Love,
Jennifer



Penelope and Bayleigh sitting by the Methodist Church waiting for the parade to come by!

Chuck rode his bike up to the school for the fireworks--uncle Danny hopped on the back! (he ended up walking up with us instead of riding) LOL!

Bayleigh with her Sparklers!

Maddie and Bayleigh with Sparklers!

Larry and I before the fireworks began. Yes, we were hot sweaty messes!

Bayleigh again!








No comments:

Post a Comment