Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Kindergarten Ready!

Sorry it's been a few since my last post. Things have been busy around here. My father-in-law's birthday was Friday so we had another cookout on Saturday to celebrate his special day. We did the usual hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, chips, cole slaw, and I once again forgot to set out--the corn this time. (wouldn't be a party if I didn't forget something). :)I would say that the night was pretty uneventful, but I'd be lying. LOL! After eating we decided to play Left Right Center--a fun dice game. I think Tony ended up being the big winner. Then we decided on chicken foot--we made it thru two rounds before quitting. It had started lightning so we hit the garage to just hang out. I decided to bust out my dart skillz, and Rachel decided to bust out her wicked scooter ridin', ramp jumpin' skillz. OMGosh! We had so much fun and laughed endlessly. What a great way to end the night. (I think my mom and my niece thought we'd lost our minds)! It was FUN! Pictures below...
Sunday was uneventful. As a matter of fact, it was such a lazy day that I was sore from just sitting around, you know, kind of like when you lay in bed too long...Any how, it made me decide that I want Larry, Bayleigh, and I to go do something just the three of us before she goes back to school. I've looked into Holiday World, some campgrounds, King's Island...IDK if we will end up doing anything or not. We may just go rent a hotel room somewhere and swim, and we must just stay home. I'm sure we will figure it out.
Tonight ended up being kind of a sad night for me...I went school shopping for Bayleigh with her and Larry. It's official--my baby is all ready for Kindergarten. I can't believe how fast this day has gotten here. This week she and I have been working really hard on sight words, writing her name and her letters, and some spelling tests too using her sight words. She is doing so great. She has known how to write her name, but we have been working on keeping her work neat and straight and written correctly with upper and lower case letters. The good thing about tonight is Bayleigh is still little enough to wear the clothes in the infants section and just big enough to wear clothes in the big girl section as well. That's a plus because some of the infants stuff is TOO infant for her and some of the big girl stuff is TOO big girl for her. I couldn't believe some of the things I found in that big girls section--it looked so old for little girls. I thought, geeze I like Miley Cyrus, but not on my 5 year old. Get what I'm saying??? I know what I mean, but it isn't reading back to me the way I mean it....sorry.
I don't know if I am so anxious about Bayleigh going to school because I remember how mean classmates can be, or if it's just the idea of her growing up so quickly...whatever it is, I am really struggling emotionally with this. I remember the pressures from so many years ago when I was in grade school and high school and from talking to some friends the kids just continue to get meaner...:( I mean, I literally had a girl in the 1st grade that HATED, HATED my guts. Granted we are friends now, heck we even became friends in high school, but to be HATED in the first grade??? I'm not ready for her to go through that. :( You hope and pray that you instill goodness in your children. You hope and pray that you do them right by building them up and letting them know how important they are only to send them off to school to be beaten down by their peers because--well, because they can quite frankly. It's sad. I know that know matter what happens, I have an amazing daughter and as I set her off into this world of education I wish her the very best and the wisdom to grasp what she is being taught and to be a very successful woman. I have NOTHING but Faith and support for this little girl. :)
Ok, a few pictures from Saturday night and then I will close. :)

Preparing for my dart throwing performance...notice the stacked randomness to get the flame where I wanted it, yeah--it lead to this! (Please see below)

A Rapid Leaking Hole!

Please notice where Rachel's Dart Stuck--the the bottom of Lady Liberty's TORCH! LOL! I've tried and tried to load the video of her wicked scotter rampin' skillz...sorry, it won't load, but it was HILARIOUS!
Thanks again for reading! Until next time!
Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment