Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th, 2013

Today has seriously been the most perfect day! Woke at 5. Got Bayleigh up at 5:30. Left the house at 5:55 to walk to the high school with my mom and Bayleigh to participate in our very first 5K together. I've done 5K's, just not with my daughter, who's 8 1/2 yrs old, or my mom. Not only did I get to do this race with them, but my BFF Jen, my PIC--partner in crime--Jen P., and my Amazingly Awesome Bestie Jill also did this race! How AWESOME! 
I ended up with personal record times for myself. 

And I also won the women's 30-39 yr old category for the walkers! 
Gross pic, but I'm proud!
Then, my daughter, at 8 1/2 yrs old, won a trophy for top overall women's walker. She came in first out of all of us walkers--including the men, but not by much. Her cousin Josh actual took the top overall for men trophy too! :)



Her at 5:55 getting ready to walk up in the dark to register and then after the race with her trophy!

Then this afternoon, we went to "Aunt" Mary and "Uncle" Bill Stephens house for their annual party. It was so much fun and the weather was AMAZING! Actually cool. And it did rain some but it was ok. 


At 8:30 we headed to town to park and watch the fair's fireworks with our friends the Wiwi's!  While we waited we got one of THE most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen! The day was absolutely perfect! 




Yes, there's more! I was obsessed! 























No comments:

Post a Comment