Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Puke, Circus, Wreck...In That Order!

"Jennifer, you need to wake up. Our nephew just puked everywhere". That's what I woke to on Saturday, December 4th, 2010. I thought GREAT! This day is going to be fuuuun. I had Max stay the night because for Bayleigh's 6th birthday her papa bought her 4 tickets to the Ringling Bros. Circus. Her friend from school was unable to go so we instantly thought to invite Max. Larry then said Rachel could have his ticket because he would rather go hunting--which he didn't end up doing. So, Friday night Larry went to get Max while Rachel worked. I told her that the problem was that I do NOT drive in the snow so Larry was going to take us up to Indy and then we would meet up with her and then after we eat Larry could pick Bayleigh and I up. She then offered to drive us home. So, that was the plan. Then Max ended up being sick so I texted Rachel and she came and picked him up. I waited for the yeah or neah as to whether or not they were going. I got the wonderful news that Max had gone home. Rested. Kept down his fluids and they were going to make it. Larry then dropped Bayleigh and I off at the designated spot for Rachel to drive us on into Indy. We are driving along and all of a sudden you hear the fun in the backseat begin....Max had gotten sick again. Poor guy. I told Rachel that we could totally scratch the day, but she said we were going. So, after a pitstop to clean Max up and a pitstop--record timing too--to buy new pants we were set. We get to Conseco and get through security, get our tickets scanned and OH! We have to go to the box office because our seats were blocked. GREAT! HOWEVER, it ended up being WONDERFUL! We got front row seats in the $90 section! YEAH! :) The show was amazing! Rachel and I both agree that the cost is so worth the money because the show is that good! :)

Me, Bayleigh and Max in our front row seats!
Bayleigh, Max and Rachel!




The pictures above, clearly, are of the contortionists. Their strength and steady was just phenominal! (As you can clearly see). They certainly were not the best acts of the show, but to watch them, you can't help but be in awwww.

What's a circus without a tightrope act. I personally was not blown away by this performance, but it was still great to watch. Their costumes were beautiful!


THIS! My friends was the coolest part of the show--hands down! Rachel and I were both holding our breaths and saying our prayers for these performers. Let me just tell you how many FULL sized bikes were in this ball of steel--Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, 5, or 6! BUT 7! YES! 7! It was amazing! One of the 7 was even a girl! Way to go chick!

This tiger was HUGE!
The tigers were fun to watch. They did NOT look happy, but they did what they were supposed to do and were fun to watch!

Ever seen a dog walking an elephant???? Now you have! :)

The trapeze act was great as well. How I got this picture so far out of order I have no clue. LOL!





As you can see from the number of pictures included, the elephant acts were pretty spectacular! I was impressed with their abilities of standing on their two back legs and even on each others backs. As they walked in and out of the arena they would hold on to the tail of the elephant in front of them. So smart!
These men were amazing as well. They at one point were 5 high. They even had a man on a unistilt stand on a teeter totter and two men jumped off of a ladder, launched the man into the air. He did 3 or 4 back flips in the air and then stuck the landing on this huge pillow looking mat that was held in the air by a few other men. They were fun to watch. To get 5 high as well, they used the teether totter and flipped to the top of the awaiting shoulders. Crazy awesome!

Meet the circus's newest member--Barnum!

Pretty impressive huh?! Not even the half of it! At one point, while she was standing on her trapeze bar, dangling from this bike on a tightrope--they did a complete 360! Isn't that cool?!
So, as you can see--we had a great time at the circus! I highly recommend you go if you get the chance.
So, we make it through the circus with no more upset bellies and we are heading to Franklin so that Larry can pick Bayleigh and I up so that Rachel doesn't have to drive us all the way home because after her lack of sleep that morning and Max feeling so yucky I didn't want her to have to do that drive. We are no more than a block from Conseco and you hear screeching tires. Sadly we were in an accident. EVERYONE WAS FINE! Thank God for that, but Rachel has to get her fender fixed and the guy involved as well has to get his doors fixed. I believe the accident will be considered a no fault accident. To be honest Rachel and I both looked and the lane was clear. We think he might have pulled out of the stopped lane to go around and when he gunned it we were already there. :( It was so minor that I didn't even realize we had wrecked. I thought we got stopped in time, but we didn't. Rachel's day was just horrible. I feel so terrible for her. :( I know the plan for today was for her to stay in her jammies all day and just veg. I texted her earlier and have not heard back from her yet so I can't update you on how she or Max are feeling. I can tell you that after the accident her husband met us in Franklin as well and we all had dinner together and during dinner you could watch Rachel melt into a puddle of not feeling so great either. Her head hurt and she sounded terrible. I hope she went home and had her date with a bottle of Nyquil and feels better though. :)
So, that was our Saturday! Fun, Entertaining, and Not so fun--all at the same time. :)
Until next blog--which I am getting ready to post....
Love,
Jenn

**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment