Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pink Eye...

You know that saying, "If it's not one thing, it's another"? That is exactly what it feels like is going on in this house!

So, the stomach bug that was mentioned in my previous post ended up keeping Bayleigh home not only Monday, but Tuesday as well. She still had diarrea and I thought it best to keep her home. She still has diarrea, but is making it to the bathroom.

Well, tonight--Thursday, December 9th, 2010 we have PINK EYE! (Hence the font color)! When I picked Bayleigh up from school she said her eye felt chapped (????), but she was fine. She ended up laying down for a nap and woke with a blood shot eye and even has a blister on it. I called my girlfriend and asked if our peditricians office has walk-in hours and she wasn't sure, but suggested I called the on-call doctor and inquire about drops since we knew Bayleigh had been exposed to pink eye last week. The doctor was SUPER nice, (so glad we decided to go with that office), and said that she believes she has Adenovirus. I was like huh??? Ok, so here is what I got that it is from the doctor....It is a virus like the common cold that can lead to viral pink eye--which she believes she has. It's HIGHLY contagious too. Nothing can be done for it. (the other pink eye is bacterial) At the time Bayleigh's only symptoms were the red half of the eye and a blister on her eye. Now, as of writing this her eye is not watering, but looks glassy and I noticed a touch of gunk in her lashes. (You'll see in the picture below--it's not bad). In the same breath of telling me it's highly contagious she tells me she can still go to school. She said that if she developes a temperature of 103/104 and/or if the outside of her eye swells that she must be seen. So, I call my friend back and I was so torn as to what to do about sending her to school. So, she points out that the school nurse is my best friend so I should call for her for a second opinion. She too agreed that with those symptoms it would be ok to send her, but wash hands and don't bother the eye. I made up my mind that IF she woke and it was only red and had the tiny blister I would write a note explaining what I knew to her teacher and send her. Then I got on Facebook--yes, I rejoined yesterday, but have done great about staying off of there--I get on there and my friend from Bayleigh's eye doctor's office is online and I ask her to call me. I explain everything to her and she says NO, don't send her to school and call the office first thing and let them know Bayleigh has an eye emergency and that she told me to call and they would get Bayleigh in tomorrow afternoon for the doctor to look at it and get her drops. ((Now my eye is itching, but it could be in my head--kinda like the word lice, you hear it and your head itches--stop scratching)). LOL!

SO, this is what we have going on. Hopefully it doesn't last long and hopefully nobody else gets it! Please pray for that for us.



If you click or double click the pictures below they will open bigger and you can see them better. (Her eye brows crack me up)




I'll keep you posted on how she is doing. Until then...

Love,

Jenn

**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment