Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's SNOWING! 12.1.10

I am seriously probably the MOST conflicted and confusing person when it comes to snow. Me and snow--we have a love/hate relationship. (Weird, I just said I have a relationship with snow). LOL! My thinking is this. IF it HAS to be COLD, (HATE), I want it to snow. I HATE driving in snow and basically will ONLY go from my house to the school and back in it. I am TERRIFIED beyond TERRIFIED to drive in it. I don't even like riding in it with Larry. I trust him 100% and he loves it, but I am more concerned with other drivers around us.
My fears even carried over to Christmas gifts last year for my family members. I purchased small laundry baskets that included throw blankets, small snow removal shovels that the handles extend on, small bags of kitty litter to pour under tires for traction, hand warmers, I THINK candles and matches, emergency contact cards, small first aid kits, and flashlights.
My thinking about cold and snow is this....IF it MUST be cold then I want it to snow. BUT not just enough snow to make the roads yucky and slick. I am talking SNOW--SEVERAL inches of snow that requires schools and businesses to close. Snow emergencies to keep my family home with me so we are safe and can go PLAY! :)
Every year we go with the Burris Family to a cabin to just relax one last time before the Christmas holiday is upon us and just do NOTHING. And EVERY year I hope that once we get down there that we will have a blizzard. LOL! I want to get stuck down there. Our cabin has a big bay window over looking the lake and it is BEAUTIFUL! I don't want a blizzard that knocks the electricity out, but I do want SEVERAL inches of snow Friday and Saturday night. When we are there we always see an array of wildlife and my favorite is probaby seeing the cardinals and blue jays frequent the bird feeders on the deck. The red and blue of their feathers is always so pretty against the white of the snow.
This post started because of the first snow this morning. It did snow on Thanksgiving night on our way to Kim's, but this is one where it is sticking on the ground. Bayleigh woke up and said MOM, you are NOT driving in this....it's on the roads. LOL! That cracks me up that she is only 6 and knows me so well! She quickly bundled up and headed out to get her first taste of the flakes. I attempted to capture her adventure on camera and at the time the flakes were so tiny they didn't show up in the picture. You'll be able to see in the picture below her coat is up over her mouth--I point this out because every now and again you could see her little tongue peek out over her straps in an attempt at a taste testing. LOL!

Below is another picture of our Christmas tree as well. This isn't a great picture, but you can get a better look since it isn't so dark.
I will close by saying this...1. Happy December--it is finally here. And 2. IF you must be out in the cold temperatures and snowy slick roads then please be safe. Always say a prayer before you pull away from your spot and ask God if he will tag along in your travels to protect you on your way. (I do that even when it isn't snowing). Until next blog...
Love,
Jenn


**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment