Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's A Good Day For God!

Monday was my 29th birthday. It's nothing to get excited about. To me, my birthday is simply another day. Not that I have a problem getting older, I just don't care to get all excited about myself. LOL! My birthday was good. We had our wonderful friends over for dinner since we missed their daughters baptism the day before. When I made the plans for the dinner I didn't even realize that I scheduled on my birthday--which is perfectly fine because, like I said, to me--it's just another day. I have upset my mother though. I should have taken into consideration her feelings and that she might want to spend the day with me. I didn't, which worked out well because she was able to take my sister out to dinner, but it has unleashed this terrible fight between the two of us. To put it quite simply--I have hurt her feelings and for that I am sorry.
Last night I was rereading the text messages from mom and I was pretty depressed. I was probably in the darkest place I have ever been in my life. I was thinking thoughts that shouldn't be thought. I was basically just feeling sorry for myself to be quite blunt.
I came downstairs to talk to Larry about how I was feeling. Anyone knows Larry, knows that talking to him about this type of stuff is not easy to do. Larry is a very black and white person. Things with him are pretty cut and dry. Now, don't let that mislead you into thinking less of him because Larry is a loving, caring, patient man as well. It takes him a very long time to the point of just flat being done and not caring about the issues at hand. He thinks that I should just let it go. Not let it get me upset--which is most mens thinking, but I am a girl and doing so is not an easy task. I can't count the number of times Larry says, "Jennifer, stop worrying about what everyone else thinks"! I am a self proclaimed OVER THINKER on EVERYTHING.
When I came downstairs he could see that something was wrong with me. (No, I was not crying). I stepped outside and came back in and he hopped up and handed me this drawing that Bayleigh did while I was sitting in my bed feeling so depressed and feeling so sorry for myself.

It says, "I (then she drew a heart) u God. It is a good day for a good day for God." I lost it. I instantly started crying and realized how selfish I had been. While I was sitting in my room feeling so down and feeling sorry for myself. God made his way into my living room and into the hands of my artsy 6 year old to let me know he is here for me. If this were a Footprints in the Sand moment, then this would have been the spot where there were only one set of Footprints in the Sand. Talk about an eye opener. I framed it immediately. While Bayleigh knew nothing about me being upstairs upset she was down here thinking about Candi and this is what she drew. I think it is most certainly a message from God that was meant directly for me. If I had the guts to put in writing exactly how low I was feeling you would more than likely agree with that statement.
I am deeply saddened by the argument with my mother. I am not exactly sure where we stand at this time, but no matter what the answer to that question is--I have the MOST WONDERFUL daughter in the world. I have a husband that loves me with all of his heart and it is 100% unconditional. I have a wonderful family. And yes, we are all hard to get along with, but we typically have our say and then we are good. I have wonderful friends that are loving and supporting and unjudgmental. I love them as if they are my family as well. I have good people in my life and for that I am very blessed.
My hopes are that this storm too shall pass and things will go back to normal between mom and me much sooner than later. I am sure they will.
For the record, this blog is not meant to be a feel sorry for Jennifer blog. It is not a whoa is me blog. I wrote this blog to show you the power of God. He is always there for us even when we feel so alone. Even when we feel there is no hope. Even when we realize all those emotions are nothing more than just flat feeling sorry for ourselves. God really is good. Don't ever lose site of that.
On a side note--HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my bestest friend in the world! Larry, I love you with all of my heart. You are my rock. You are my love. You are my best friend. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are! xoxoxoxo!
Thanks for checking in.

Love,
Jenn
**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment