Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Waldron Celebrations! 7.9.11


Some of the finer things in life are simple gatherings around the grill with family and friends. Yesterday, July 9th, 2011, we did just that. We live in a very small, one stop light--caution light to be exact--town. For years as I was growin up here, the July 4th Celebrations were the place to be. Several years ago, due to the county fair creating unsuccessful turnouts, the town stopped. Boy, did everyone around here miss the activities! Then, the community club decided it was time to bring it back! I am SO thankful they did. :)

Town events included, Flea Market Boothes at the school, Games and consessions there too, a parade at 2, car show, helicopters, and good ole family BBQ's! Waldron Little League is big around here too and the different teams consist of much of the parade. Last year, Bayleigh's coach didn't put her team in it, but her coach this year did. :)

Scott, her coach, and his wife Lori came over the night before and we put the banners on the trailer for the team. Then yesterday morning he came back and we attached the balloons that had each of the girl's names and numbers. Lori and Scott put the flag on the back end as well. I think our float is pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :)


Looks like the team thinks it's pretty fun too! Since I was a kid, water balloon and squirt guns were the thing for the kids to do while in the parade. This year, it was no water balloons. Some on the board tried saying no water ANYthing and when I told Melanie--head of the little league--she said too bad! She said we would abide by the no balloon policy, but squirt guns are allowed! OK, Game on! I bought Bayleigh a squirt gun at the beginning of summer so that she wouldn't have to get one picked over, but it ended up being too big and heavy for her so we got her a smaller one. She was happiest throwing out candy to the crowd instead. :)



Back at the house, we started our party at Noon. I wanted to make sure people ate before sitting in the heat of the parade. I had to leave at 1 to take Bayleigh up to the school, but it was fine. The whole day was very relaxed and was just come and go as you please anyways.


We even ended up with the cops being called on us! My "sweet, wonderful, old" neighbor decided that a car parked along her property might flatten her foot high grass that has not been mowed in weeks. Geeze! Below is the note that she stuck on my friends car! Let me tell you what she did...she wrote on a new envelope and then LICKED the envelope and stuck it to her windshield!!! Of course we didn't see it because we were in the back yard. So the sheriff's office sends someone out and he walks up and asks if the car was someone here. I said I didn't think so and then he said it's registered to my friend Bridget. I said, Yip she's here. So he asked her to move it and that was the end of it. NOW, the thing that makes me so mad is 1. we are neighbors--freakin' call us and ask us to move it. OR 2. Since you took the time to walk off your porch and stick a note on the car--that the sun baked the glue onto the windshield--walk over and ask us to move it. DON'T CALL THE COPS! Geeze! Maybe the next time I see her grandson in law cursing his 4 or 5 year old son out and slapping him up side the head...I might have to call the police too. Two can play....Yes, I'm stooping to her level. LOL! (I have a firery side in me).

Our kiddie pool, blow-up/bouncy room, and blow-up water slide was a HUGE hit with the kids. They all had so much fun. Even the neighbor's--ugh, the good/nice neighbor, had some of her family walk over so the kids could play too. Our friend surprised us from down south and brought his boys up too. I LOVED that surprise. I was sad his wife had to work because I would have enjoyed spending the day with her too.

At dusk, the town let off fireworks at the school. They were, once again, GREAT! Last year we walked up, but this year Larry's dad drove us up in the back of his truck. It was hot! Bayleigh sat on her baseball diamond and had front row seats. She was so cute sitting there. :) Below are a couple of videos I took of the show.

The BIG one is my favorite!!


Finale of the fireworks!

Thanks to all of our family and friends that came out for the day. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did!



*Double Click To Read Fine Print*

No comments:

Post a Comment