Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Vaccinations

Bayleigh had her "well-baby" visit at Shelbyville Peds today. The "well-baby" term I believe is becoming an "annual check up" visit. This is sad because I know my baby is growing up. :( Bayleigh weighed 35.5 pounds and was 38.5 inches tall. She is remaining on her own curve, so Dr. Ariel Stilwell was not concerned. She noted in her account that Bayleigh is above average in development and was impressed with her smarts. :) Not gonna lie--makes momma proud.

This visit was a little bittersweet for me because Bayleigh also got her 4 shots of vaccinations for Kindergarten, (2 in each thigh). She has been SO excited to get them because Max, Colin, and Penelope has already had theirs. She swore she wouldn't cry and that she was going to be a big girl. Shot 1, OUCH. Shot 2, louder OUCH! Shot 3, Ouch with a broken voice. Shot 4--OUCH with full blown tears. :( I teared up too, no surprise. The RN that gave the shots said they hold that one for last because it does burn so much. It was the MMR. I was so sad for Bayleigh because she HONESTLY tried SO hard not to cry. It brings tears to my eyes just typing it here. I know she doesn't go to Kindergarten until next August, but they said she is old enough now to get them so we went on ahead and did them so that we have it out of the way.

No pictures with this post. It is late and I just wanted to get the information down so I didn't forget. Until next time, and thanks for reading!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment