Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Give Thanks and Be Merry!

The holidays are upon us! This is a time of year where typical stresses tend to take the fun out of the holidays and really put a damper on things for me, but this year is different. I am not stressing. I'm not to an extent. Thanksgiving had a couple of rough spots prior to arriving, but turned out to be excellent. We always host Thanksgiving here and our families come together and we eat, and eat, and eat, and eat...well, you get the point. It was just nice. Papa Reynolds didn't come because it was very cold that day and he didn't want to get out and get sick. I understand that. It would have been nice for him to come, but instead we just went to him. Mom and Mimi fixed him a plate of food and he LOVED it! The two of them and Kenya and I took it up to him. He of course asked about Bayleigh who was sleeping back at the house.
Black Friday came and was SUPER this year. I was able to get some GREAT deals that day and get a lot of Christmas shopping done at those great prices, so that makes for a wonderful day. Poor Bayleigh, we woke at 1:30 am to head to Wal-Mart and once we got home. She fell asleep at 2:30 pm and slept until 7:30 the NEXT morning! LOL! She has been Black Friday shopping every year since she was 12 days old! :)
Yesterday, (Saturday), we put up our tree and hopped right into the Christmas spirit! I am excited this year. I am ready to go to Christmas at the Zoo on the 16th with Eric, Rachel, and Max. I am ready to go on our cabin trip the weekend of my birthday. I am just ready for the family time that is on the way! Bayleigh has been so excited about Christmas this year too! I can't wait for her to open her gifts! She is going to flip when she sees I found her an iCarly hoodie! I flipped when I found it and the best part--$3!!!! See?! I LOVE Black Friday!!!!
Ok, this time. Since the computer was down for a week or so, I am only going to post a picture of our tree. I have a couple of accounts on my computer and have to work out the best way to access my pictures from other accounts to post, so short and sweet this time. We went with a red and gold theme this year. I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but I REALLY do! There will be more to come once we get Bayleighs ornament personalized and I will take a picture of her hanging it and then zoo and cabin pictures too!
Until next time, have a wonderful day and check back soon!
Love,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. The tree is beautiful!! Glad you had a GREAT Thanksgiving! May your Christmas be just as blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope your holiday was great too! And your Christmas wonderful too! I am excited to get together tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete