Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cowgirl and Pumpkin Patches!!

And so the time of year has arrived that I am not looking forward to. FALL--dun, dun, duuuuuuuun! UGH! I do NOT like the chilly air and I know that I have 3 whole seasons to go thru until my wonderful summer arrives again. :( I hope we have snow for Christmas, but not much more than that. I don't like the worries that are associated with driving in those conditions and knowing my loved ones are driving in them too. People are too careless and I just want everyone to be safe. Plus, I tend to get depressed easily and yah dah, yah dah, yah dah....whatever.
On to more exciting news. Bayleigh has decided that this year she is going to be a cowgirl for Halloween. Wal*Mart actually sold the costume so I was like SOLD--no need for over priced shipping cost! Cha Ching! I must say, as you will later see--she looks purdy darn cute partners! :) (ummm, that was my wild west talk if you didn't catch that--yeah).
Today, October 3, 2009, we headed over past Batesville to pick out pumpkins and to enjoy the activities offered by the little farm. We went to Vogt Farms and rode the trolly pulled by 2 Belgian horses out to the field and the kids had fun choosing the perfect pumpkins for carving. As we rode thru the field Bayleigh was full of anticipation. She kept saying, Ohhhh there's the perfect pumpkin--a BIG, SHINY one. I must add that she said that about 500 times so, according to Bay--the patch is full of the perfect pumpkins. By we, I might add ,that it was Candi, Melanie, Colin, and Cate Crouch, Larry, Myself, Bayleigh, and My Mom. It was fun. After we came back from the field we let the kids ride the ponies and go into the fenced in area for a petting zoo--very cute. OH YEAH! I forgot when we first got there the deer came to the fence for some photo opts too. Bayleigh actually fed them grass and got to touch them. Larry on the other hand was envious he didn't have his bow with him. YIKES! That would have made memories now wouldn't it?!
I am going to take the time to plug Vogt Farms really fast in case you are interested in visiting. Drive East on I74 to the Batesville exit. Turn Right off the ramp and go down to the stop light. There you will turn right. Drive until you see the 129 junction and turn Right onto 129. Drive a few miles down and the farm will be on your Right. Very easy to get to. Makes for a very enjoyable day too. It cost $1 per person to ride the trolley to the field and then it was $5 for the size pumpkin Bayleigh picked out that you will see later. Pony rides are offered for a donation and the petting zoo is free. Oh yeah, they have a corn maze, moon walk blow up, and an antique store too.
Now, onto the fun part of my blogs--the photos. Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for reading, Jenn





No comments:

Post a Comment