Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walt Disney World Day 5

Wednesday, June 9th, 2010
Our 5th day was spent at Epcot and it was a bad day for me. I ended up with a full blown attack that I felt the day before at 4:30 AM. Terrible pain, vomitting, the whole 9 yards. I got it under control and ended up getting an hours sleep and was able to go to Epcot with the family. It was bad, but I didn't want to miss the day.
We started off by meeting Daisy in the front of the park and then heading over to a Japanese Steak House for lunch. Bayleigh thought it was really neat. She got to eat with chop sticks for the first time and thought she was pretty hot stuff too. (she is). After we ate I was in a lot of pain. I opted to go back to the resort and the family stayed at the park. I made it as far as the bus stop and was so upset that I would be missing the day I took some tylenol on top of the pain medicine I had already taken and then sat down for a bit. I realized that even though I was hurting it was controlable at this point and decided to go back. I met them in Norway and we went on with our day. We rode the Test Track ride which was pretty cool and then we went over to Soarin' which is an AMAZING simulated ride. I think if you go to Epcot you should totally do that ride.
After Soarin' we went over to the Finding Nemo ride and then it was evening. We literally stumbled upon this restaurant called the Coral Reef outside of the Nemo ride and stopped in to put our name in. The wait was about 20 minutes and Rachel and I thought the hall just inside the door looked awesome. Once they took all of us back we realized we hit the jackpot for a cool dinner spot. One wall was nothing but glass and behind it was an aquarium. We at amongst shark, sting rays, sea turtles and tons of exotic fish. SO COOL! Here's the down side to all these really nice places to eat--it takes 1-2 hours to get through a meal. This one happened to be almost 2 and we had the Illuminations fireworks show that we had to rush to. Of course after eating I am in pain again and to rush across the park like that was no fun at all, but I managed. The fireworks show was excellent. If you go to Epcot--stay for the show. You won't be disappointed.



Here are a couple of pictures of Epcot lit up after the fireworks. STUNNING!

This is my favorite shot from the night!!!! I LOVE these two kids more than life itself!


Thanks for reading! Day 6 coming soon! :)
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment