Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Walt Disney World Day 3

Monday, June 7th, 2010
Day 3 was our Animal Kingdom day. I was very excited about this day because 1. I knew they had a safari ride that I was stoked to do and 2. We had lunch reservations that gave us tickets to a Finding Nemo show later in the afternoon!
When we arrived we got there before the park even opened. As soon as the gates were open we walked back to get the fast pass tickets for the safari ride. Along the way we passed Lilo and Stitch and stopped for autographs and pictures. We also stopped along the way to get pictures on the bridge and they will come later when I get my professional disc back.
Once we got up to the safari we noticed that the wait was only 20 mins. so we decided to stand in line rather than get the fast pass tickets. I am SO thankful we did. It started pouring down rain while we were on the ride, so we were seated and covered during the biggest part of the storm. I was absolutely amazed with the safari. The animals were SO close to us and it was just neat.
After the safari we needed to eat breakfast so we just stopped at a little stand and ate. When we were heading away from the seating a man was standing there with instruments inviting guests up to play. Bayleigh and Max both went, but Bayleigh quickly melted to tears and kept walking away. I was getting frustrated and insisted that she go up there with Max. She did, but again kept coming back. I know that I probably should have just let it go and not forced her to do it, but I want Bayleigh to stop being so afraid of the little things. She'll ride a roller coaster, but put her in front of a drum and she cries????? See my point?
Anyways, after that then we went to a 3D show called It's a Bug's Life. SUPER COOL--SUPER SCARY! Bayleigh cried, I think by the end Max cried too. It was fun for us adults and super neat because of the smells that they blow in your face and the sense of bugs stinging you in the back from effects from the seats. It really was a good show, but had I been a kid--it would have freaked me out too. :) After getting out of the show we stopped and bought ponchos because it was raining so much again and then headed over to the Tuskar house for lunch.
We chose the Tuskar House because by eating there we got tickets to a Finding Nemo Show just a couple hours later. The food was great. The service was AWESOME! It was a great lunch. After, we headed over to Dinoland and waited for our show to start. Pluto and Goofey were both there so we waited for pictures and autographs there. Just before doing that we got our fast pass tickets for the dinosaur ride as well. After autographs we went to our show. SUPER COOL! Because we got our tickets at the Tuskar House we had stage side priority seating. LOVED IT! Nemo was SUPER annoying, but the show itself was really good.
Somewhere in the day we also met the Jungle Book Characters and got autographs too, but Terek wasn't supposed to be there so I only got pictures of her on my cell phone. Once I finish all of the days of the week I'll do another blog with professional pictures and then one with cell phone uploads. :)
After the show we had a snack of icecream sundaes and then went over to the Dinosaur ride which reminds me a lot of Jurassic Park. I thought that Tony was going to crap himself and Max didn't like it either, but Bayleigh thought it was fun as did the rest of us. :) (I'll scan the picture in later, but I look like a big fat mess).
I know it seems like a lot, but it was still fairly early, but the kids were done. I was done too. It was hot so we opted to go back to the resort and order pizzas and hit the pool.
Speaking of pool--Bayleigh decided that she is done with floaties and jumped in without them and even did a great job teaching herself to swim as well. Eric worked with her and that helped tons because she relaxed with him and did great!.
Here are some pictures from our day.
Check out our animal pictures. The top middle picture that looks like rocks are hippos! The picture of the truck is the one that was behind ours, but thought it was cool. The guide told us that the baby rhino pretty much charges anything and everything. You could tell he was fun! Those are Nile Crocs which are the meanest and most agressive ever! There were cheatahs and other animals too, but I couldn't get a shot at them because it was so bumpy. Very cool and highly recommeded to anyone planning to go!


Day 4 coming soon!

Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment