Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Walt Disney World Day 4

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010
Tuesday was our Downtown Disney Day. We had reservations to the T-Rex Cafe at Noon for lunch and then at the Rainforest Cafe at 9 PM. Since neither were covered under our dining plan and both were expensive we decided that we would switch the reservations and go to Rainforest for lunch and then eat someplace around there covered under our plan for dinner and then Eric and Rachel treated us to desert at T-Rex Cafe that night. LOTS of eating that day, let me tell ya. AND OH SO GOOD! :)

Bayleigh and I both woke up in a bit of a funk that morning. I think that mine was stemmed from quitting smoking cold turkey just a few days prior and my back was sore and I knew that that meant one thing--an attack was on the way. I kept taking my medicine and tylenol, but was still irritable. Then when Bayleigh was sassing like she was we just didn't really get along. Everyone that knows me knows, that one of my biggest pet peeves is when I am taking care of MY child just let me take care of her. Tony, like he often does felt the need to put his two cents in and get onto her too and that just fueled my fire. I seriously cannot tell you how much that makes me mad. I just wanted to be anywhere, but around people in general. I ended up sucking it up and realizing that I was stuck there so I might as well make the best of it. So, I did.

Rainforest Cafe was amazing! Every 30 min there was a thunderstorm minus the rain of course and the whole "jungle" was WILD with animals. The food was delicious as well! Tony had a plate of ribs that was so big it didn't fig on the plate even. YUMMMMMY! Bayleigh LOVED the live parrots outside.

After lunch we walked around the shops and there were these character figures around everywhere and of course Bayleigh had to pose next to each one. :) Max got to make is own light saber and that was pretty neat to see. I don't have a picture of it though.

As we walked back to the ferry to take a break from the day we stopped by the Harley store so that Max could pose with a couple bikes in the store for his other grandpa.

I can honestly tell you that I do not remember at all what we did after getting back to resort and then we got dressed up to go for dinner and desert back in Downtown Disney. I know that is terrible. :) Maybe we swam???? IDK, I'll have to ask Rachel.
Anyways we got dressed up and headed to an Irish Pub for dinner that was covered under our plan. I had myself a moment again in that place, as did Larry. It took FOREVER to get our food and then It was hot and I thought they messed the food up. It was crowded, whatever. There is a funny picture in the bottom corner of Larry. He hopped up in the window seat and sat by himself. His feet were so far off the floor. :) There is also a cropped picture of a bar named called "tonsil tickler bar". We just thought that was funny. :)

After eating at the pub we went to ride the hot air balloon, but because the wind was faster than 10 miles per hour so we walked back down to T-Rex Cafe for our desert. AMAZING!!!! AMAZING! The atmosphere was incredible. The desert was to die for. The picture of it is in the middle of the below picture. I knew I was going to pay for it later, but hoped I wouldn't. :) Anyone going to Disney World must stop by the T-Rex Cafe to eat. It is a MUST. :)

Every 30 minutes there would be a meteor shower and the lights would flash and the dinosaurs would go wild. I LOVED it! We ate in the ice cave that changed colors and was so pretty. Bayleigh thought it was funny that the door to the ladies room said "she-rex". Of course that mean the men's said "he-rex".


I know that the day started very rough for me and my mood was not fun for anyone, but by the end of the evening I was glad I made the decision to have a good time, because it really was a nice evening. :)

Coming up next....Day 5! Stay tuned.

Love,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment