Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Locks of Love

Yesterday, March 5th, 2012, Bayleigh went to Greenwood to the kid's haircut place called Cookie Cutters on US 31 and got her hair cut off. The stipulation to her getting her hair cut was that she had to donate her hair to Locks of Love to be made into wigs for children with cancer. Of course cancer is something she knows about due to our good friend losing her battle with breast cancer. She was all about it.
Locks of Love needed 10 inches of hair in order to be usable. By the time it was all said and done, Bayleigh ended up donating the 10 inches and getting around 11-12 inches cut in all after it was even upped.
She was all about it! I on the other hand was a bit sad and found myself holding back the tears. Not because I am selfish, but because I was SO PROUD of her and I was sad because it made her look so much older!!! She's had that hair since she was born with the exception of a few trims here or there.
I have known about Locks of Love for a very long time. After the night before and morning of yesterday I decided I was done. Her hair is so thin and so stringy so it was time to cut it to make it healthy. We knew we didn't want it short, but we also knew that if THAT much was being taken off then enough to donate was going. Needless to say, she brushed her own hair last night after her shower and then again this morning with nothing but a smile on her face. She kept saying, MOM! It's SO easy! :) Thank you sweet Jesus for a great morning! :) OK, OK, OK, you want pics--and I have plenty of them. Enjoy!










We went to Grammy's after to eat dinner and Grammy let her play on the computer!


No comments:

Post a Comment