Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome 2012

Well, we did indeed survive 2011 and we give thanks to God for that. I think that over all 2011 ended up being a pretty good year. Medically, it was without a doubt better than 2010 for me. Thank you Jesus for that! Bayleigh became a stronger swimmer and spending time in the pool was very fun not having that constant worry. Of course I worry, but it wasn't a panic worry that I am known to usually walk around with. Bayleigh also lost her first two teeth--FINALLY! Hunt down previous title's for that info!

2012 started off with us ringing in the new year with my sister in law Rachel, brother in law Eric, and nephew Max. That's become a family tradition and we look forward to it each year. :) First we went to dinner and my father in law joined us there and then we came home, to their house, and exchanged gifts. My wonderful SIL thought buying her niece a pink drum set would be a terrific idea. Now, while this is true in the eyes of her beautiful niece--this momma doesn't think so. LOL! I will say this, those drums make Bayleigh one happy little lady and let's be honest--I just want my chick-a-dee happy! So, thank you aunt Rachel for the drums!
Here is a picture of Bayleigh all dolled up on our way to Eric and Rachel's. I don't know what it is about this picture, but she looks so grown up. She was all sassy in her new Christmas outfit and her new Christmas make-up. Yes, I introduced her to BLUE EYESHADOW!!!
So far, 2012 has also been providing us with the most gorgeous sunsets EVER! The Sky has been beaming with color and I find it distracts me as I drive because it's hard to not take it all in. Based on a picture my SIL posted one morning this weekend too, the sunrises have been just a wonderful! God really is good! Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but here is one I took this past Saturday. Yes, I was driving down the road and then at one point I even pulled over on the side of the road and got out of my truck to take more crappy cell pics. I really need to keep a camera in my purse.
This picture doesn't even do it justice!

I know that 2012 has just begun, but January is already almost half over! That means Valentine's Day is right around the corner!!! I decided that this year, I would 1. save some money and 2. get a little creative! I decided to make Bayleigh personalized Valentine's Day Cards to pass out to her classmates. I ordered them as wallets from one of the online photo printing companies I use and I only spent $6 something for 54! I didn't think that was too bad. Usually you spend $2-4 on a generic box at the store that EVERYONE has and that has just too few that you have to buy an extra box so that you have enough and then end up throwing them away. Here's what we designed together...

Cute, right?! I thought so too!

Ok, I think that is all for now. I have one more blog I want to do after this about grades. (it should be right above this post). Hope you have a year of many blessings, good health, and happiness.
*Double Click To Read The Fine Print*
(I need to work on a new one of these)

No comments:

Post a Comment