Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meet Abigail!

So, Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 I was browsing Facebook from my iPhone. When I first logged in, on my wall was a post from one of Bayleigh's little school friend's mom saying they had two puppies left. I knew around Christmas time they had the puppies and were giving them away. I wanted one, but our December was SO crazy busy that I knew that it was a no go so, I never mentioned anything about the puppies to Larry. Anyways, Tuesday evening I get on and right there is the post along with a picture and after begging Larry and then ultimately winning the coin toss, I wrote on Elissa's picture telling her I wanted one. We were able to go over to her house just a few minutes later and they they were! SO CUTE and SWEET! From the pictures, I wanted the little one that they had named Halo, because she was like an angel!! But Cookie really took to Bayleigh and after asking Bayleigh if she wanted one she of course said yes and that she wanted Cookie. So, Cookie is who we got!
On the way home, we talked about a name change. I loved the name Clarissa and loved the fact that it sticks with a "C" name to go with our Cooper that we alreay have. Bayleigh wasn't having it. So, we just kept thinking. When we got home, we went to dinner at my mom's house and then I headed to town to buy all of the essientials that a new puppy needed. No more FREE puppy. LOL! I had to throw that in because that's what Larry said. :) After returning home the name talks started up again and Bayleigh said, her name is Abigail Cookie! HOW CUTE! I said, Abigail is perfect, but let's call her Abbi and it was a go!
Abbi, is simply a sweetie pie and her love for Bayleigh is as strong as Bayleigh's love for her. Where Bayleigh goes, Abbi goes! Tuesday night was kinda nuts. Bayleigh was beyond excited and Abbi was doing great being separated from her family, but when we put her in her crate she threw a fit. I couldn't handle it. It broke my heart. So, I snuck her out and slipped her into bed with me and Larry and that's where she slept. I KNEW that night that NO MATTER WHAT, the next night she was sleeping in her crate.
So, last night I moved her crate into the bathroom and at 9, in she went and the screaming instantly began. I closed the door and joined Larry in the family room. Bayleigh had just gone up to bed. As I sit, watching the TV with Larry--because Lord knows we couldn't hear it, I hear Bayleigh crying upstairs. So, I go up and ask what's wrong and she of course "wants her dog". I explained that we are far too busy for Abbi to not be crate trained. I had to tell her the same thing that Larry had just tried to tell me...it doesn't hurt a baby to cry, so it won't hurt a puppy to cry. LOL! He's right, but it was hard. Bayleigh understood that I was right and quickly fell to sleep. It was funny because Tuesday night when Abbi started crying Bayleigh picked up her pillow and blanket and headed to the couch to "comfort her". I heard her saying, Abigail Cookie--I am here to comfort you! It's OK! That wasn't working. LOL! Once Bayleigh fell asleep that night, that was when I headed upstairs with the little sweetie in my arms. Last night though, I knew I was staying strong because I HAD TO! Finally before midnight she went to sleep. THEN, the dog from the house down the road stood in front of our house barking, howling, growling forever around 2:30! What the HECK! So, Abbi was back awake! When Dakota and Makayla got here she was crying again, so I got up and took her potty and then put her in our bed until it was time to get Bayleigh ready for school.
Overall, it was a long tough night, but we survived it. Tonight will not be any easier, but Bayleigh has gymnastics tonight so she will have to be in the crate for that as well. A dose of tough love...it's not easy on anyone involved, but much needed. Wish us luck! :) Now, onto the details and pics!
Name: Abigail Cookie Rutherford, "Abbi"
D.O.B: November 22, 2011
Breed: Mix, Chihuahua Yorkie Terrier
Got Her: Tuesday, January 10th, 2012
Color: Black with white on her chest and paws
Oh who are we kidding!! You don't care about that...you want the pics! Here you go!!!
(sorry, they are all crappy cell pics again)

 Is She trying to be all gansta here????





*Double Click To Read The Fine Print*


No comments:

Post a Comment