Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's DONE!

As of yesterday, 5.11.13, Bayleigh's room is complete! The final details are painted! 
This hutch was white with Ivy painted on it. 
Here's the wall that I was most excited for! I hired a friend that was a couple of years younger than me in high school to paint these "vines", for lack of a better word.
Bayleigh picked out her bedding from IKEA.
This duvet, not the zebra sheets. It was displayed in a room with pink walls and that's what she wanted. I wasn't a fan of the pink walls there, they were more burgundy than anything, so I told her she could do pink if I had the final say on the color. 
Then I saw this, link and source not provided because I don't know how to do it from my phone, but I saw this on Pinterest.
Immediately I fell in love and thought it would be so awesome in black! Ugh, where could I pull off a black wall in my house???? Bayleigh's room--duh! 
In order to tie the black in though I needed something more. That's where the zebra print sheets came into play.
Now, I'm no Martha Stewart, but I think these are pretty darn cute together! 
I also knew that because there would be a black wall that I would use black curtains and rods. I also wanted a zebra print area rug for her room but really found while shopping online that it would be out of my price range. I mentioned my want for the rug on Facebook and a guy on there reminded me of a store called Garden Ridge. I LOVE that store! So we went up there on day to look around and much to my pleasure we found...
THE EXACT rug I was wanting!!!! AND!, it was only $29.99! SCORE! We also found the black curtains, they weren't so cheap! 
And we found this long owl picture to go over her headboard for only $19.99! Score again!!! 
Bayleigh's room has turned out, to a 'T', exactly how I envisioned it. I'm proud of it and so is she! It has taken us since the first week in April until yesterday to completely finish it, but that's ok. It's done now, and it's wonderful! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment