Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Workin' 9 to 5...

Today, I had the rare opportunity to take Bayleigh into town and pick her new glasses up that came in. I originally had called Larry and told him they were in if he'd get a chance to come home a little early to take her in, but then was able to call again and let him know I could do it.
After leaving the eye doctor's office I decided to drive across town and make my truck payment.
For some reason, I was very aware of my surroundings as I drove thru town. I noticed a man struggling to walk thru the icy mounds on the side of the road, the remains from the snow plow drivers efforts to clear the streets. In his hands were bags from the grocery store right down the street. I wondered if he had just cashed his paycheck and was heading home from the store, with bags full of things he needed to survive the weekend or even the next week, but maybe couldn't get them earlier because maybe he, like many, live paycheck to paycheck and it is now Friday so he could get them today. Maybe, he works a job where going to the grocery during the week just wasn't an option due to lack of time. We all know that there are not enough hours in the day....let's face it. I noticed a woman dressed in business casual attire park in the middle of a drive way approaching the front door of what I assume to be her daycare provider. I assume this because she was empty handed and had she been going home she'd at least have her purse I would assume. Now, putting it in writing, I suppose she very well could have been just going to visit a family member or friend, but that wasn't my first impression. Then, just down the road from this lady, across the street I seen a man clearly arriving home from work. In his arms was a gym bag, a lunch box, and a sweatshirt. He was fumbling with his keys as he was approaching his front door. I wondered to myself who would be on the other side to greet him. My guess is probably nobody considering he was fumbling with his keys to clearly unlock the door. How awesome for him if there was a wife and children to come home to.
It got me thinking...THIS IS LIFE. This is what it's all about. We get up, we go to work or school, and we come home and do the tasks that the evening has planned for us.
So, I then started reflecting on my life. I have a life where I get to stay home and see my daughter grow up--and very quickly she is. I have a husband that I get to greet at the door after his long day at work. Not saying that when he walks in I am all dolled up and waiting to wrap my arms around his neck and plant a kiss on his lips in excitement asking how his day was. However, that would be nice. :) All while thinking this over, that very same daughter I am watching grow up right before my eyes is yelling MOM! MOMMY! MOM! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?! and I think to myself. This is my life....this is what it's all about and you know what? I would change one single bit of it! Just thinking about it again now brings that smile right back to my face. :)
I was just telling my wonderful friend how sometimes I feel like we are stuck in a rut and everything is just so routine. And then, she and I started talking about how we both know that if something were to change and we couldn't have what we have now....that would be very sad. So, tonight I sit here and blog while my daughter is sprawled out on the couch listening to her MP3 player and my husband is stretched out in the chair sleeping....what makes our routine a little different tonight is that we are not watching a show that we've waited all week to watch, but rather A Charlie Brown Valentine is on and we are listening to that run in the background of what we are focusing most of our attentions on. This my friends is my Friday night. :)
I know you are probably thinking...Who in the world does she think she is assuming such things of these perfect strangers she is passing on the streets. Well, I don't really think I am much of anybody. I was just driving and just thinking--that's all. AND, well, since I am a blogger and pretty much share most of my thoughts--this is what you get to read tonight. :)
Do you ever stop and notice the people around you and wonder what their life consists of? I can say that I now have and probably will be doing it more often.
That's it for now. Thanks for checking in. Until next blog.
Love,
Jenn
**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. When you click on a picture it opens larger. Just click the back button on your browser to return to the blog. If you get to a video in the blog, you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and pause or stop the playlist music player or the sounds will play at the same time. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment