Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and how did we celebrate??? With a classroom party of course! :) I originally had not signed up to do the class Valentine's party. I did the Halloween Party with a couple of other moms. When I got the call asking to do it, I was happy that things worked out and I was able to help. Two other moms and I ended up doing it and it was fun!
To host a class party moms are supposed to bring in a game or craft and snacks and drinks. There were two other moms as well that didn't sign up that brought snacks in too so the children were far from short on sugar. :)
At the Halloween Party Mrs. Sheaffer brought the game Hot Potato. I originally purchased a craft to do for Valentine's Day and then Friday--after speaking with another room mom--I realized that craft was already being brought. So, I instead decided to borrow the idea of hot potato and they passed around a Valentine's Day Bear and the winner got to keep the bear. :) They loved it. I took my phone to use my Pandora Radio app and guess what.....Stupid Smart phone wouldn't work when I got there. And yes, I did test it before leaving the house! (Not a Droid fan this week). At first, all the children sang songs together and with my back turned to them I'd randomly yell stop and that's how they got out. Mrs. Dalley then came in and showed me how to use her radio and we went from there using it. :)
After games we went to the crafts. They were CUTE! One mom brought in foam flowers to assemble and the other mom brought in foam valentine's to assemble.
Right after crafts the children passed out their valentines. That was a little chaotic, but they loved doing that as well. :)

Here is the whole class playing hot potato!
Over all the party was a blast and I was thankful to get to be a part of it. Hope your Valentine's Day was great. Larry of course refuses to feed into the commercial of the day. The words I love you didn't even come out of his mouth. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt some, but I don't need a day to hear it. I know it already. :) Until next blog!
Love,
Jenn
**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. When you click on a picture it opens larger. Just click the back button on your browser to return to the blog. If you get to a video in the blog, you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and pause or stop the playlist music player or the sounds will play at the same time. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment