Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day! :)


I absolutly LOVE this day each year. I don't make the day about myself though--I make it about Bayleigh. I always say to her, "Bayleigh, do you know how I know God loves me?" and she always replies, "Yes, MOOOOOM--it's because he gave you me." I am SO blessed.


This weekend has been kind of crazy. Not really crazy I guess--just BUSY. Friday night our dear friend Candi was taken down to the hospice center in Columbus. My heart is breaking for her, Melanie, Danny, and the kids. She is in so much pain. We hope that hospice will be able to get her pain in check and hopefully come home. We are all staying open minded to that. Friday night after dinner Larry and I drove down there and I was pleasantly surprised at how amazing the facility is. It is beautiful and the staff seems very nice too. Please keep Candi and her family and friends in your prayers. Especially for her comfort at this point too. She is a wonderful woman and to watch her in this pain is so sad.


Saturday, Larry and I went to buy him a suit. I must say that he looked pretty strapping in it too. :) and the price looked pretty strapping in my checkbook as well. After that we met up with Rachel and we got Max from her. I LOVE that boy! We went over to the mall and actually bought the suit. (We shopped for it before and after getting Max). Then went and had icecream. Then we came home and Donna brought Trent over and we spent the evening with him. I can't believe how big he is getting. He's totally into giving kisses right now and it is SO cute! He is SO full of personality. Very sweet boy! While I stayed with a sleeping Trent Larry took Max and Bayleigh into town and bought my mothers day gift and cards.


Today, MOTHER'S DAY!!! Larry and Bayleigh and I lounged in bed as late as we could and then Mom and Tony came over and we all rode together up to Greenfield to have lunch with my sister. Jessica bought me a beautiful mother's day card and that meant a lot to me. Then we all went over to see papa at the nursing home. Mimi and Kenya came up there as well. It was great seeing him and them. It has been several weeks since we (Larry, Bayleigh, and I) have been up there. He had a rough day. He has a cough that he can't seem to shake. I hope that it is not the onset of pnemonia (however you spell it).

Today I refect on myself as a child and I remember how I REALLY didn't make parenting a very easy job for my own mother. I have a huge respect for my mom--the role of being a mother isn't an easy one, but my mom actually had to fill the role of both mom and dad while raising twins. Mom and I have a good relationship now and I am very thankful to have her in my life. She is always there for us and is a wonderful Grammy to the MOST AMAZING person in the world. :) So, Thank you momma for all you have done, all you do, and for being you! I LOVE you!


I want to just give a quick update on a my past blogs: The biopsy results I was supposed to get Friday, I did not get--hopefully I will get them soon and everything will be ok. I will keep you posted. My attacks have seemed to back off some, but when they do hit then they seem more intense. It is harder for me to get them under control. Also, I mentioned that I was walking away from Facebook--I have and it has been very nice. I did log onto chat a couple of minutes with a friend of mine to fill her in on Candi, because it would have taken SO long to text, but other than that I have not been on. I thought when I first made the decision to walk away that I would struggle with it, but I think with the nice weather and a big house that requires so much attention it has gone well. Now I am kind of wishing I would have walked away from it sooner. :) No, maybe not--I have met a WONDERFUL and LIFE LONG friend on there and I might not have gotten to know her so well. I LOVE you Jen F.!!!!! I LOVE you Jen J. too! I am glad that you and I have gotten close again too! You both mean the world to me!


If you are a mommy and you are reading this--I hope that your Mother's Day was as wonderful as mine. AND, if you're not a mommy and you are reading this blog--I hope your day was wonderful too. :)


I am going to go ahead and end this here, so I can get back to my family time.

Thank you for taking the time to catch up with us. Until next time!

Love,

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. You are WONDERFUL! Glad you had a great Mother's Day. I Love you too, friend!! :O)

    ReplyDelete