Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Officially the Day Before.

Well, it is officially Sunday, September 12th. In less than 24 hours from now I will be cut off from food and drink in preparation for my ECRP surgery. I was ready. I was not TOO scared and then Kim texted me and was getting details of Monday and when I texted that the surgery is an hour to an hour and a half it hit me that I will be put under for that long. Makes me nervous. I am not going to lie. I am scared. I am scared to death, but realizing that just fueled my nerves. I KNOW that everything is going to be just fine. My face this past week has been broken out like NO OTHER! It is so gross, but that's stress for ya.
I had been shopping online for a new Bible. I have a Bible that I was given around 20years ago when I was baptized. I wanted a Bible that I could write in. I wanted a Bible that I could highlight in and really just get lost in. I'm not saying that one Bible is better than the other, but I just didn't want to mark in my Bible. When I went to Half Priced Books last weekend I found this Bible immediately that caught my eye. It was called a Friendly Reader Version, and it was only $4.98 with 20% off. I grabbed it and knew that I was purchasing my new "workbook". Tonight, me and my yellow highlighter went to work. It is amazing the calm, and sense of direction, and sense of protection, and security you get from the scriptures. My wonderful friend Jennifer F. pointed out this scripture to me and I knew, after looking it up, that Matthew was my book for today. :)

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Beautiful! I thought, Jennifer, (being me), stop being scared. I wasted my entire week last week with fear. I started my Saturday morning off with fear, and resentment toward a few others. After reading that scripture I was instantly relieved. It was just what I needed, so while I am thinking about it now--Thank you Jenn--I heart you! :)

So, this is how tomorrow will go, I will get up and take Bayleigh to school at 8. Then I will come home and take my shower. I have to be at the hospital at 10:30. My surgery is at 12:30 and will last until 1:30 or 2:00. After that I will go to recovery and will spend a min of 1 hour there. Providing everything goes well, which it will, I will come home. Well, I will stop and pick Bayleigh up, and then come home. I took Tuesday off of work too. If I am in the hospital, Larry will take Bayleigh to school and more than likely get her home and if I am home my wonderful friend above will take her to school and then I will TRY to pick her up at 10:45, if I am unable then Tony will probably go pick her up unless he is unavailable and if he is then I will call someone else. So, here's to hoping for a return trip home on Monday. :) To be honest, not knowing if I am stuck in the hospital or not has been my biggest issue I've had. I want to come home. I want to KNOW what is going to happen so that I can be in control over what needs to be done with Bayleigh and getting her to and from school. I KNOW I need to not worry about it and stop being a control freak, but hey--that's just me. Sorry. Don't hate. :)

So, these are my thoughts for tonight. I am not sure that I will be on to blog again before surgery--more than likely not. I am not sure how I will feel either as far as updates go. I will have my cell at the hospital, but reception there SUCKS! If you have Larry's cell feel free to text him if you want, but I can't promise he will have reception either. Please pray for a fast and easy recovery. Please pray for me. Please pray for my surgeon and his team to take great care of me. PLEASE PRAY I DON't END UP WITH PANCREATITIS. Pancreatitis will land me in the hospital until it's gone and the surgeon said that has lasted up to 6 days before....Oh my gosh. I can't do that. Thanks for checking in again. Hope all is well with all of you!
Much love, and hugs too!
Love Always and forever and ever and ever!
Jennifer xoxoxoxo

***I LOVE YOU Larry E and Bayleigh LizMarie Rutherford! xoxoxoxoxoxo! I love you mom!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for u Jenn. I am sure God will have his shield of protection around u. I am also very interested in ur new/used bible that u r using as a workbook. I am trying to spend more time w God and with 3 kids its hard so I write him a letter everyday.
    Jayme B

    ReplyDelete