Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Little of This...A Little of That...

Good Wednesday MORNING! Hope you are all doing well! I am going to start off apologizing for no pictures. :( I know, I know, that's the best part, but I sadly don't have any to blog. I have taken your usual crappy cell phone pictures, but that's about it. AND, this is going to be kind of a random blog because the subjects are so all over the place. :)

FIRST and HAPPILY foremost--I am doing WONDERFUL! It's been a week and 2 days now since the surgery and I am healing nicely and already feel so much better. My throat and ears took the longest to get back to normal, but I believe we are there. :) I know that if I get thirsty then my throat seems to hurt more than it normally would have, but it's getting better. I had a pain in my arm that I believe was caused from where the IV was taken out. Not even in the area of the IV, but it was the only thing that had changed so I am blaming that. It, as of 2 days ago, is 100% better now too. The biggest complaint I have had is that after I eat solid food I am very uncomfortable. I am just sore. Not pain, but sore if that makes sense. Last night is the first night I was able to eat dinner and be fine afterwards. I have noticed that even though I had that complaint I could tell with each day it was getting better. I still am not able to lay on my belly or side comfortably to sleep so a goodnights sleep has not happened yet, but I'm not having terrible nights either, so, it's all good! I am VERY thankful that this is all over with and I am well on my way to being normal! ((Normal in my book of course))! ;) It will just be nice to not have to worry when an attack is going to sneak up on me. I will never be able to put into words the pain I was in. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers! I would say, that with the surgery being so great and recovery as well--God listened! He's pretty cool like that! Thank you to mom, Naomi (neighbor), and Sherri (neighbor), for cooking for us last week. Talk about some GOOD FOOD!

SO, things are wonderful for us right now. It is almost the end of the month and I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT!!!! ((mentally picture, balloons, confetti, and poppers)). Things had gotten so tight for us because of that dang bill and not having that financial stress is so awesome!
Speaking of finances--I am losing one of my babies to Kindercare. :( As much as I hate it, I do understand. It just sucks because 1. I miss my babies terribly when they move on, and 2. It is just another indication that my babies are growing up. It's sad. I luckily have had a waiting list from some other parents and so replacing, wait, replacing is NOT the right word because let's just be honest--you NEVER replace someone that is a huge hunk of your heart! SO, filling the position came easily. I am able now to help one of my best and dearest friends that will be going back to work in November. Also, prior to anyone getting here in the morning I have started with neighbor kids. They get here at 5 and leave at 8:55. During that time they are sleeping until 7:30 so that is so easy and I am able to help a neighbor out.
In Larry's work--he's been training a new route driver to replace his position. Due to an illness he is moving up sooner than expected to the service position. This, as he described, is NOT how he wanted to move up in the company. Bad things happen to good people and that my friends is a hard pill to swallow. I am happy for Larry that he is moving out of delivery because that is HARD work, but I agree that this is a sad way for it to happen.
In Bayleigh's line of work-hehehehe! School that is--she is doing GREAT! She absolutely still LOVES it and her work she is bringing home is good!
Bayleigh was cracking me up last night because we have had some struggles with her attitude again. One of her friends came home from school with her and she was just BAD! If I told her not to do something she'd do it twice just to do it and she is sassy! By the time Larry got home I was DONE. D-O-N-E, DONE! She even got into trouble with him. She is grounded for 4 days because of her attitude and sassiness the night before, so they ended up chit chatting--she hates having a chit chat. After that, she was the BEST, and I do mean THE BEST child EVER! I had to chuckle a couple of times during the night because it was SO obvious she was kissing up. "Ok mom", "sure mom", "not a problem mom"! LOL! Words that I am sure won't happen much in teen years. She is 5 and I have to remind myself of that. She has always been so grown up for her age and that is easy to forget.

Let's see....not too much else is going on. I have a couple of photo shoots coming up and I am excited for that. As much as I HATE Fall because it means winter and snow is right around the corner--I can't deny that it IS the best time of year for photos! I have so many ideas and I have been drawing posing ideas so that I don't forget them! I am very critical of my work and just want it to be the best! I now have Adobe Photoshop CS5 and I am excited to get it installed and put my creativity to work!
I am in the midst of semi-making Bayleigh's Tooth Fairy Costume for Halloween. We made her wings last night out of a set of wings she got for her birthday or Christmas last year. They were just blank and you decorate them how you want. I also have her tooth pocket made for the front of her costume. Very cute! You'll see pictures closer to Halloween! ((unless I get it done and decide to take pictures out of excitement before hand)).
SO, that's it. That is what is going on in the Rutherford home. Not too much, but some big changes coming up. I hope the transisition goes well for everyone involved. You know me--I'm not one for change, but I am sure it will all be fine. Sad, but fine. :)
OK! Until next post! Hope you are well! Thanks for checking in!
Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment