Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year's Resolutions? Really?!

Well fellow readers, I am blogging about a topic that have been undecided about blogging on and well, here it goes....I, Jennifer Marie Rutherford, had decided that I am making New Year's Resolutions! There, I said it. This is a big deal from me because I don't typically do so. I feel like N.Y.R's are nothing more than set ups to fail. And I typically would fail such resolutions MISERABLY! SO, here they go:

1. I am going to lose weight. Goal: 60 pounds by June 5th--which is the start of vacation.

2. I am going to be an all around healthier person. Info: I was watching the season premier of the Biggest Loser and when those poor people got on the scales for the initial weigh-ins and they were so shocked and I am sure embarrassed because this year, the first weigh-in was done in front of their whole community, and they were crying--I found myself crying too, as I walked on my new to me, but used treadmill for the first time ever because it hit me hard that THEY ARE ME! These people have let it be ok to be as big and unhealthy as they are, JUST LIKE ME! I don't want to make the impression on Bayleigh that being this big and unhealthy is ok. The fact of the matter is--I'm going to die. PERIOD!

3. I am going to be a more positive person. Info: I have to find the good and positive in most everything that drags me down because everything happens in life for a reason. I know that God has a plan for all of us, and I know that we do not know, nor are we meant to know what that plan is, but I have got to stop dwelling on the negatives in life and the what ifs and just live happily.

4. (and this is a big one), I am going to quit smoking again. Info: I have noticed that I pretty much have picked it up full time again and I must stop. Not only because of the healthier lifestyle, but because it's expensive, nasty, it stinks, I don't want Bayleigh ever thinking it's ok, and because quite frankly, there is no point. In 2004, I quit cold turkey--FOR 3 FULL YEARS! I got pregnant 3 days after I quit. I felt better and then I just started again. This time I am taking a different approach and I am weaning myself off. So far, it is working for me. I am down to only 3 per day or LESS! Which is good.

5. I am not going to use the words diet or dieting! Info: I feel that those two words come with so much pressure and I know it is all mind over matter, so those two words are out. My words are working out and eating right!

SO, these are my NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS! I know, to many they may not seem like much, but for me they are monumental.

I am fortunate enough to have a support system of wonderful friends and family. Larry has been absolutely amazing. He is helping by encouraging me to eat right and asks what I can or cannot have to eat. He knows that I won't workout in front of him so he takes Bayleigh upstairs while I use the wii at night. He has been so supportive and I need that from him. I need that from everyone. I have a good friend that is on the weight loss road with me and let me just say, that as weird as this sounds--it is so nice not being the only one in pain. :) (sorry Jenn)! She and I have the same wii game and the funniest thing is, we choose the same character to play us and the same trainer and had no clue. LOL! You know what they say, Great minds think alike! We are also counting points using the Weight Watchers program. I have to add here that at this point I am not walking around with the pressures of counting every single point. I am, as for now, just LEARNING to eat right and to eat healthy. Once I get that all figured out then it will be counting every point every day. It was nothing for me to only eat one time per day and let me tell you--as I am looking into my points books just to see what everything is, one sandwhich that I got from Denny's was 45 points! That is WAY more than I am even allowed a day! That doesn't include the Ranch dip and the smothered cheese fries and coke I enjoyed with it! SO, I am learning a lot. I am now eating 3 good meals per day with healthy snacks in between. Also, Kim is still working out and she and I talk or text in the evening and we ask if each other has worked out. Even she has hopped into our pain boat with the new exercise videos she is trying. Which happen to be by the other trainer that is on our wii Biggest Loser game. My mother is eating right and working out each night too. I can already see that she has lost some weight, but I am not sure how much. I am proud of her. Since we have lived as neighbors we have both been negative influences on each other and now we together have decided to take care of ourselves. Good job mom! SO GIRLS if you are reading! Keep up the good work! We CAN Do This!

I started my workout process on Sunday, January 3rd 2010 and as of tonight--1 week later. I am
DOWN 7 POUNDS! Momma is very proud of herself and feel free my blogging buddies to leave comments on here or on Facebook or Myspace of encouragement and or discipline!

Thanks for Reading and Until Next time!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment