Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

As you may have noticed from the date on this blog, I am not very good at updating. LOL! A lot has been going on. Bayleigh has been out of school for 2 weeks. Our scheduling has been a bit messed up with the holidays and we have just been super busy. It's been fun though. I hope that all of you have had a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. I hope that you find your self counting your blessings and enjoying 2010.

Christmas Eve we went to Kim and Steve's to celebrate with Larry's family. It is always nice just to hang out and have a small gift exchange and just be with everyone that comes. A few come from out of town that we are not able to see all the time. So, that makes the holidays that much more special. When we got home we already had Bayleigh in her jammies and she set out fudge and chocolate milk for Santa. As a tradition that has happened since her very first Christmas at the ripe old age of just a few weeks old, Larry reads The Night Before Christmas to her and we get her all tucked in her bed and she sleeps while we......"clean the house for Santa to come". :)

Christmas day here was a blast! My sister came over as did my mom. Larry's dad spent the night so he didn't have to wake up alone on Christmas morning. That has become a nice tradition too. Once Jessica got here mom came over and Jessica and I went upstairs to wake Bayleigh to let her know Santa had come! (I think I was more excited than she was)!

Bayleigh wanted a Zhu Zhu pet hamster from Santa and ended up with 6! Winkie, Mr. Squiggles, Scoodles, Chunk, Pip Squeek, and Num Nums. She also got the fun house, wheel, garage/car, a carrier, and blankets to go along with them. She LOVED them!!!! It was so great to see her face when she walked into the dining room. We all opened our gifts and then mom and Larry cooked a big breakfast and we watched the Disney parade. It was just nice. Relaxing. Fun to be with everyone. I love making memories like that. I am already looking forward to next Christmas! :)

Now, onto the fun part--the pictures!

Larry reading The Night before Christmas.


Bayleigh leaving fudge, candy, and chocolate milk for Santa.


The Zhu Zhu Pet Craziness! (Hottest ticket item of 2009) Go figure. We still have to find the slide, a dome looking thing, boat, surf board, and ball.


When she first came down.



She said, "I told you Santa would bring me more than 1!" Whew, Santa at school told her that she would get a bunch of surprizes!!! Yikes on that one! We only let Bayleigh ask Santa for one thing since there are so many kids in the world to take care of. :)



Her babies! Of course they have stickers saying to keep away from hair and the first thing that happened when she picked it up was get her hair caught in one of them!



This picture cracks me up. If you ever wanted to know, my MOST favorite sound in the world is Bayleigh's laughter! I LOVE it! She loves the line in this movie, "poop in his hand, poop in his hand"! She is definately Larry's child. LOL! Thank you papa Tony.


This is the children's book that Peyton Manning wrote with his father Archie Manning and brother Eli Manning. I thought that being HUGE Colts fans that this would be an appropriate gift.


This was the last gift that Bayleigh got and it came from Grammy. We left the cabin and stopped at Cracker Barrel in Plainfield I believe as we do every year. Well, Bayleigh and Larry walk out and she is so upset because she wanted this "chinchila". He told her no. He said that if she didn't get it for Christmas then we'd go back and get it. OH MY GOODNESS! That was NOT happening. She wanted it so bad and she was so upset the rest of the trip home. I felt so bad for her. Larry and I desperately needed to finish shopping so after returning home we left her with my mom and our first stop was Cracker Barrel to get this "chinchila" which happens to be a Bush Baby--Never heard of it. I owed mom some money for other things she picked up for me so we took this out in even trade. Bayleigh thought it was over and we were getting ready to eat when mom busted it out. She was SO happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment