Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring, is that you? Oh, Strep....

Talk about some wonderful Spring weather we've been getting here in Indiana!!!! The days and evenings have been beautiful!!!! Last night and the night before we spent the evening at the school playground with friends. AND! Last night we signed Bayleigh up for Little League!!! (I LOVE it)!
Bayleigh has picked up, what I thought was a cold or allergies. I sent her off to school this morning and just had a really bad gut feeling that I should not have sent her. She didn't sleep very well and couldn't breathe because she was so stopped up. After sending her I decided to call the doctor's office to ask their opinion. I noticed when I helped Bayleigh dress for school I noticed she was a little warm, but just thought it was from her jammies--helped kicked in the gut reaction.
Sometimes, you run into senerios where God's hand is just flapping in front of your face...today was one of them. 1. I only had Trent today, which is a rare event only having one child. 2. The gut instinct was just so clearly there. and 3. When I called the doctor's office, the lady that answered thought that maybe I should not wait out the weekend which was my other option as to what to do. I then asked if Bayleigh's doctor had any appointments available and low and behold...the call before me was someone canceling at 10:40. I mean seriously, it doesn't get much better than that.
So, I go pick Bayleigh up from school--sorry to her teacher for the interruption to the class and the mess she left behind. :( We get up there and--let me just tell you why I am SO thankful that we switched to this office--They weigh her, 41.0 pounds (exactly 1 pound more since November). They take her temp. 101.7. Shoot! I know that on the way there she was acting like she felt better so, I was second guessing my choice to take her. Now, at this point I was then very thankful we went. The nurse asks if she's allergic to any medicine's so I tell her and she leaves the room. She comes in and gives Bayleigh a dose of Alieve to help with the temp. Never have I heard of a doctor's office doing this, but I LOVED it. They were already getting Bayleigh on the road to recovery. :) The doctor comes in and finds her throat to be more red than she would like to see and she had fluid behind her left ear, which could easily lead to an infection. The doctor then decides to run a strep test. The nurse came in and swabbed her throat and gave her and Trent a sucker--much to their delight. (Helped take her mind off of being gagged). It came back positive. :( So, luckily we caught this very early and were able to start her on the antibiotics. ((Don't be leaving me hate comments about antibiotics, we all have our own opinions about them)). SOOOO, this is how our Friday went. I'm very happy that we caught this early and she can feel better soon. Hope your weekend is great! Thanks for checking in!
Love,
Jenn
**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. When you click on a picture it opens larger. Just click the back button on your browser to return to the blog. If you get to a video in the blog, you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and pause or stop the playlist music player or the sounds will play at the same time. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment