Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Heaven is For Real By: Todd Burpo

Well, I have just finished this amazing book and I had to share. I believe I have the picture above linked to the Amazon.com page for it. So, go ahead and click it when you finish reading and it will give you the description and the option to purchase if you'd like. :)
I seen a video clip on my aunts Facebook page with Colton and his dad on one of the news shows. I was curious, so I purchased the ebook from Amazon for my Kindle yesterday and finished it yesterday too. I have to admit I was crying many different times for a few different reasons.
1. I could not imagine seeing my daughter in the state that Colton was in when he got sick. My heart broke for them and for little Colton.
2. The description of Heaven is breath taking. I was crying because I can't wait to see it!
3. Then, I was crying because I fear.
Fear, I hate that word. I KNOW that we are not supposed to be afraid. Fear is a sign that we don't have faith and that we don't trust in the Lord. I DO! I PROMISE I dO! There is a descriptive chapter called "The Coming War". It scares me. PERIOD. I don't want to see the war. I don't want my loved ones to participate. I just want to put on my rose colored glasses and live my life until it is time for me to go to heaven. I'm not one to watch scary movies. I am not into blood, guts, disaster, and war. I like my comedic dramas, dramas in general, and Disney movies--don't judge, I think most moms secretly love them. :) The description is one that you would imagine in a sci-fi thriller. NO THANKS, I don't want a ticket to watch and I CERTAINLY don't want a role in the film...OR my family and friends to have roles either.
I almost hate to admit this on my blog because I am afraid that others will read and will judge me and say the same things about me that I say about myself. HOW, How in the world can you believe and have faith and fear so badly?! I don't know. I just do. I hate it. I feel like God is one of my bestest friends ever. I can tell him anything and everything and I know he is listening and forgiving and loving me for me because that's how God rolls.
I guess I know my relationship with God and how close I feel to him, but do loved ones have the same faith? Have they let God in their hearts and accepted them in lives to be able to go live for all of eternity in God's beautifully described kingdom? I hope so. Do I live my life to the standards it takes for myself to get to live in this same kingdom? I hope so. I think so. I pray for my sins to be forgiven. I pray for my loved ones sins to be forgiven as well. Is it enough? I believe so because God is so forgiving. All you have to do is ask and you shall receive. I know this is true. It's in the bible and I've seen it happen far too many times to not believe it. God is good. NO! God is GREAT. I wish everyone would just see that and believe it as well.
I believe that my fears come directly from the devil. To have fear means that I have let the devil in my heart and in my head and that is a tough pill to swallow. Now, how do I put my fears to rest? I can tell you that I've been trying for a long time for that to happen and the only advice I can continue to give to myself is...."Give it to God". So, that is what I will continue to do. Give it to God and one day I know I will be a peace and I will live in His beautiful kingdom with the ones I love so much.
So, I know that this blog isn't really about this book UNLESS you have read this book and know exactly what I am talking about. SO, with that being said, I HIGHLY suggest this book to everyone. It truly is beautiful. AND, even after reading it, if you still do not believe then at least just consider that the posibility of all that is described is there. :)
Feel free to leave comments or message me on Facebook and tell me what you think. Until next blog!
Love,
Jenn
**On the RIGHT hand side of this page ABOVE the OWL you will find older posts if you are interested in checking them out. They are listed by month. Just click on a month and the posts will expand and you can click on each post individually or if you double click the month they will all pop up. Also, you can bookmark this page to your favorites and check back often for updates without having to look up the blog address. When you click on a picture it opens larger. Just click the back button on your browser to return to the blog. If you get to a video in the blog, you must scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and pause or stop the playlist music player or the sounds will play at the same time. Feel free to post comments too!**

No comments:

Post a Comment