Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year End Rutherford Review

As today is 12.31.12, I have decided to reflect on our 2012.

Over all I would say it was an okay year. We had lots of financial struggle with several big things breaking or needing replaced at once, but we have each other and we have our health which is more than any of us need anyways, so I would say we are very blessed.

Larry: Larry is great. He is still working in an economy where many are not. He is healthy as a horse...as always--he never gets sick, Thank Sweet Jesus! This Spring and Summer he helped coach Bayleigh's Little League team and loved that! He got to go on a hunting trip with his friends and even though they didn't even see a thing he still had a good time. He did lose his grandmother in September. She was shot and murdered while on vacation and that was tough. They did however catch the 3 involved so SOME closure will come from that, but the loss is still a tough one for him.

Jennifer: I am wonderful! I too have my health. I pour my everything into my family and friends and feel very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I have come to terms with certain relationships in my life or rather not in my life and have found peace. On palm Sunday, I came forward at church with Bayleigh and asked for church membership. That was a very proud day for me! I always knew I had a good relationship with God. Being part of the church makes me now realize I have a GREAT relationship with God! Church and God have filled my heart with so much joy and love that I didn't even realize I was missing until I got it.

Bayleigh: Well, Bayleigh has kept her daddy and mommy VERY busy! She finished first grade and started second. She played Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, and Volleyball and did some camps this summer too--Cheerleading camp was a part of that too. The busy schedule seems to do best for her. She is very routine and needs that structure. We did The Elf on the Shelf this December. Roger our Elf did not last the season. She was terrified of him! It even effected how she behaved in school and that doesn't work for us. SO, off he went, back to the North Pole, to help Santa prepare for Christmas.
Bayleigh is very loving and very smart. This year though we have gotten a touch of her attitude side and especially later this year it has been exhausting. We pray that this attitude hits the road with 2012.

Our prayers for 2013 are simply that we have enough. Enough health to keep us living. Enough money to provide the things we NEED.

We've already made arrangements to take the extras and to be more giving to those less fortunate. We will buy Christmas next year for Mom, Tony, Bayleigh, Max, and my other kids and their moms, but as a family we are going to provide Christmas with the money that we would have spent on each other and help others out that are unable to do much for themselves. I am SO looking forward to that. I am torn as to whether or not I want it done on the DL or if I want us to go as a family to see the look on their faces. I think it will be a great opportunity for Bayleigh to see just exactly how much she has. All of us really. I think it will be a great life lesson, but I'd like to do it without getting any credit for it. I just want to do it because it is what is right.

I pray that our relationships with our family, friends, and especially God continue to grow. Without making resolutions, because resolutions only set us up to fail, I hope to be more organized, get some things done around the house, and maybe lose a little weight--not a resolution though! I pray to let go of the past even more than I already have to be even more at peace. I pray to be a better and kinder person all the way around. I want to not be so quick to judge and I want to be more forgiving and less easily triggered. I pray to find the best in all circumstances and find the positive no matter how bad things might get. I pray to make better decisions in life and I pray I am able to cut back on so much of the wants and save for more of the needs that might come up. I am going to work on being a better wife, mother, daughter, cousin, friend, and person all the way around. I want to cook more too. I am a terrible cook, but I want to try to do more of it. Maybe Pinterest will help with that. I pray to smile and laugh more and to be happy. Just happy. It makes me happy just thinking about it already. :)

I hope 2012 has been great for you. I pray your 2013 brings you everything you hope it to! Until next year my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment