Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Trees With Meaning...

I wanted to take a minute to show you these two trees on our property and explain the importance of them.
As most of you know, this home we bought was my Papa and Mamaw's. When papa decided to go to the nursing home he asked Larry and I to try to buy it and we were able. This house is not just a house--it's the home that I grew up in. I came home from the hospital to this home and so ultimately, we bought my first house, that was my first home.
One of the things papa talked about so many times was the Maple tree that he planted so many years ago. It really is a beautiful tree. The canopy is big and has the perfect shape and it's just a good looking tree. Papa has spent MANY hours sitting under it's shade, chewing tabacco and just taking in the sites of tiny Waldron. I mentioned this Maple in my last blog about how Bayleigh and I have been watching it turn to yellow everyday. Now, I am sharing it's beauty with you. :)
The second tree picture I included in this blog, which happens to be inserted first, is the--I'm THINKING it's a Locust tree, that reminds me so much of my Mamaw. She really loved owls, well, she really loved a lot of things, but owls were up there on her list. That is a fond memory I have of her knick knacks around the home as I was growing up here. Hence the owls on my blog page. :) I find myself more drawn to them now too, I do think that owls are fasinating, but the biggest joy is that EVERY time I see anything owl, I think of her. The tree is a tree that either Jessica or I planted very early in Elementary school. I THINK we brought it home in celebration of Arbor Day. The thing that I love though is that the knots in the trunk look like an owl face to me. Tell me what you think...
The ironic thing about both trees is that they are planted in the same tree line with only 1 other tree separating them. Which happens to be the other Locust tree that the other of Jess or I planted when "Mamaw's" tree was planted. I quote "Mamaw's" tree because that is what I call them when talking about them to others--"Papa" and "Mamaw's" trees. So, if you are in conversation with me or if they get brought back up again on my blog you will know what I am talking about and why. :)
Until next time!
Love,
Jenn


Both are cell phone pics so please excuse the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment