Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Learn to Tie Shoes: CHECK!

And so the time has come that I am once again reminded that my baby is no longer a baby. :(. We have spent a lot of time at the hospital this week with papa and Bayleigh has done a very good job at being good and entertaining herself. I know it has to be hard on her to sit up there for hours at a time, so I am proud of her for doing so well. While we have been up there Larry's dad and my mom have done so awesome at helping us keep her entertained and they go take a break to cool off in the waiting room around the corner--it is hot in papa's room--and Bayleigh wanted to learn to tie her shoes. Tony, God love him, did just that. I knew she had done it a couple of times, but was so caught up in the papa stuff that I, regretfully, didn't pay the attention the way a mommy should have. The next morning, (9.16.09), Bayleigh got up for school and said she wanted to tie her own shoes. I said ok, go for it. Within a minute or so she was SO proudly showing off the first shoe. I was BLOWN AWAY. I was SOOOO PROUD of her too. She did such a great job I had to think back to see if I had even untied it. So, I hand her the second shoe--the I KNEW I had just untied--and watched. She messed up the first time, but nailed it the second time! I mean, PERFECTLY tied both shoes--no slack in the bows what so ever. So, THANK YOU SO MUCH papa Tony for teaching her this and for being such a wonderful Grandpa!
Below is a picture of the first shoe tyings for school. I did put the knots in them so they wouldn't come undone at recess, but I think she did wonderful. Way to go baby girl. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment