Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And She's Off....

As I mentioned before, today is Bayleigh's 1st day of pre-K. She woke up ready to go. I woke her up at 6:45 to come down for breakfast and to get dressed. Almost immediately she put her bookbag on and didn't want to take it off. My good friend Melanie drives her to school for me and she waited and waited until she pulled up and was out the door before I could get off the couch. LOL!
We went over the basic rules last night about what is expected of her while she is at school. You know, be kind to everybody, don't tattle on people--Mrs. Hardwick has eyes and ears too, make lots of friends, do as your told, pay attention...you get the idea. I must admit that I did cry. She said, "mom, stop crying. I am just going to be acrosss the street." Ok, for the record, for those of you that don't know, our house is not across the street from the school. Ok, Ok, Ok, so it is close, but still. That brought a smile across my face. I was good this morning though--no tears! Yes, I was a little anxious, but that's just me. I am happy for her and I am glad that she enjoys school so much. I hope to raise a very successful woman! I know she will be.
Below are a couple of pictures from this morning. I hope you enjoy!
*On a bit of a different note: I would like to say Welcome home to our great friend David. He just flew in bright and early this morning from over seas. Well, there is nothing bright about his arrival according to the hour his plane landed. :) 1:05 am. I am thankful to his service to our country and I am so happy he made it home safe and sound. We love you David!!!
Now, we have a cousin Dane over there and we ask for many prayers for his safe return also. Conditions over there, as you know, are not great at all. Heck, they really are not even good. Those men are all decked out in there military gear and it is 120 degrees. Please keep all our troops in your hearts and minds. Thanks Dane to you also for your service to our country. We love you!
Bayleigh's ready to go.
Such a poser!
Yes, I know her outfit would have been WAAAAAY better with flippie floppies, but they have to wear tennis shoes, soooo, it looks like she has on high waters. :)


Bye Momma!!!

Bayleigh in the car with Colin! On their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment